Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The bikes

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

The bikes

Postby movrnotashakr » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Here are my bikes. I love riding each one. I just want to thank Ralph, Madcow, VISA and all the other guys at Fairwheel; without them these machines would not have been possible. Fairwheel has always A) put up with me and 2) got anything and everything I ask for with little muss and almost no fuss. Now I just need to work on the engine.

~movr

MMMMMMKay!
Attachments
Picture 991b.jpg
Picture 994b.jpg
Picture 996b.jpg
Picture 998b.jpg
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby madcow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:59 pm

They look really nice in a group like that. Of course the Extreme is not only my favorite of yours, but one of my all time favorites.

I wonder how you top a bike like that, it would have to be something(s) very special indeed. :shhh:
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby Boonen » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:00 pm

That surely is a nice collection of Colnago's you got there :shock: I think I know two of them from the FWB site gallery?
Is the blue one a C40? Looks like it has a 1" head tube.
Also, I noticed this before but the polka dot looks like an extreme-C with the closed chainstays, but it still says C50 on the seat stay?

Good to see so many Colnago's on the forum :thumbUp:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby madcow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Boonen wrote:That surely is a nice collection of Colnago's you got there :shock: I think I know two of them from the FWB site gallery?

Actually all of them have been on the site in the past. The C40 wasn't put back up in the last site rebuild. Here's some pics from the old server.
Attachments
P8290061.JPG
P8290063.JPG
P8290064.JPG
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby Boonen » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:12 pm

That's very nice, I actually remember seing those pictures as well and I think I even saved them on my computer as well :D
Thanks Madcow! Looking forward to the bike that's going to top the Extreme-C :shock:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby 993flo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:23 pm

Have you got enough bike? :grin:
993flo
Cat 2

Re: The bikes

Postby LJ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:40 pm

movrnotashakr wrote:Here are my bikes.

A man after my own heart only with a Colnago twist :twisted:

Superb collection! Now if only I was your size I sure would know where to come knocking for my first foray into the Colnago market :wink:
LJ
Mod

Postby movrnotashakr » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:42 pm

Boonen wrote:That surely is a nice collection of Colnago's you got there :shock: I think I know two of them from the FWB site gallery?
Is the blue one a C40? Looks like it has a 1" head tube.
Also, I noticed this before but the polka dot looks like an extreme-C with the closed chainstays, but it still says C50 on the seat stay?

You're right Boonen, the blue one is a C40 and the polka dot is an Extreme-C. I'm not sure why the Extreme has the C50 on it too. I'm guessing it is part of the C50 family like the C50 cross and the C50 krono, but that is just a guess.
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby madcow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:46 pm

The C50 logo appears on the Extreme, because it was one of the very first production ones. Coming just a little before pulicly released. Also the reason for having the one bottle cage boss.

Since that frame came the decals have been removed from newer models, but in the U.S. you will still see it both ways.
madcow
Dork Overlord

Postby movrnotashakr » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:06 pm

madcow wrote:The C50 logo appears on the Extreme, because it was one of the very first production ones. Coming just a little before pulicly released. Also the reason for having the one bottle cage boss.

Since that frame came the decals have been removed from newer models, but in the U.S. you will still see it both ways.

I learn something new everyday, especially with Madcow around.
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby IUBIKE » Mon May 01, 2006 4:07 am

Shame with only one bottle mount, specially out west, PHEW! Amazing collection though!

K
IUBIKE
Cat 1

Postby marathon » Mon May 01, 2006 9:00 am

Really special collection of Colnago's you got there, I really was thinking to get one more Colnago... but three all with great set-up :shock:

How would you compare the ride of all three?
Climb, climb, climb ...learn to like to climb!

www.mojTrener.com
www.mojPortal.com
marathon
Cat 4

Postby kb » Mon May 01, 2006 12:20 pm

That's a very nice stable you have there. Very well put together and thought out. Well done and enjoy.
kb
Cat 3

Postby movrnotashakr » Tue May 02, 2006 12:56 am

marathon wrote:Really special collection of Colnago's you got there, I really was thinking to get one more Colnago... but three all with great set-up :shock:

How would you compare the ride of all three?

Marathon, the ride on the C40 and C50 are almost the exact same. There are a few small differences, but nothing too significant. Of those two I prefer the C40 because the headtube is smaller which allows me to have the handle bars a little lower and I like the smaller sized tubes.

The Extreme-C, on the other hand, is in a class of its own. I think the biggest factor is the wheels. The Extreme-C is also 3-4lbs. less than the other two. It is really a lot of fun to ride. The initial acceleration of the Extreme-C is almost effortless. I use the bike mostly for climbing and descending and have no complaints, so far. I was riding the C40 yesterday and could tell how much longer it took to gut up to speed compared to the Extreme-C.

If you were to ask me if you should get another one, I would recommend it. You can never have enough Colnagos. :grin:

~movr
movrnotashakr
Lord of the Smug

Postby 520 Dan » Tue May 02, 2006 1:39 am

Movr-

I have seen you climbing lemmon on that beautiful extreme C several times!
520 Dan
VIP

Next

Return to General cycling