Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Dura ace di2 shifter question.

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Dura ace di2 shifter question.

Postby gogo419 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 am

Currently have a felt da1 with dura ace di2. I want to throw some road bars on for a road race.. I was just thinking can I just use a set of the climbing shifters? ( the ones designed to be installed near stem?)

And just plug those shifters direct into the junction box without any electric wire mods? Or do they have to be plugged into the normal road shifters?

Cheers gogo
gogo419
Cat 4

Re: Dura ace di2 shifter question.

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Is it 7900 or 9000 DA?

Also, I was under the impression, there were no climbing shiftrers for the FD. Did that change?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby gogo419 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:04 pm

7900... Ohh. I assumed you could use the shifter for front or rear?

Gogo
gogo419
Cat 4

Postby Ypsylon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:36 am

With 7900 I'd believe that as well, as you just need buttons to close a circuit and they'd never know if they are fd or rd. With 9000 and the canbus I wouldn't be all that sure.

Same is true for connecting the shifters directly to the junction Box. I've never seen it, but in theory, that should work.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Yes, you can do that.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby gogo419 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 pm

pritchet74 wrote:Yes, you can do that.

Pritchet74. I am hoping your response is to my question about being able to directly plug it into the. Junction box.. Would it require soldering? Or plug and play?

I really need to pull all the cables out of the internals of the base bar and look at what I have to plug into..

Cheers gogo
gogo419
Cat 4

Return to General cycling