Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (carbon repair on Page 28)

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

2 rides down so far. It's nice to have that aero wheel sound back under me.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fuchs » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Looks nice. :)
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby Boonen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Soooooo .... what's next? :wink:

Looks like it's going 100 mph just sitting still, love all the white accents, very nice Pritch! :cheers:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:33 pm

New handlebar on the way. I picked up a used Zipp SLC2 for $100. Can't hurt to try it out. It will shave a little bit of weight. Nip and tuck, right? That will get the weight just under 16# as shown, including the SRM computer.

And I have to say that I love the Continental GP 4000s tires. The 23c tires measure as 25mm, and that freaked me out a bit (because fat tires aren't aero, right), but I spoke with the guy at Hed who ran the latest set of wind tunnel tests and those are the exact tires that they used to get the great wind tunnel results. The ride of the tires is REALLY nice.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Postby Fuchs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm

If you want fat tires, buy a mountain bike :angelMrGreen:
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:28 am

Got one. :wink:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 am

So, on Friday my rear derailleur started to not work. Just every 10th shift or so it wouldn't shift. Then it wouldn't shift at all. Damn. Electrical short. After hours of trying to re-solder wires I couldn't get it fixed. As a reminder, I took my external wiring harness and hacked it apart to make it internal. Slowly but surely I have had to re-solder those spliced wires over the last 2 years. So Saturday I just took the whole harness out of the bike and threw it in the garbage. Last year I bought a new internal wiring harness and now was the time to get it installed. Now I have a proper internal wiring harness in Victoria and she's a very happy bike.
:party:
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby coloclimber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Must have been that Chianti when we did that in my garage late one night....Glad you had back up. You have a cool system.
-Enjoy the Ride
coloclimber
Cat 2

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 am

pritchet74 wrote:So, on Friday my rear derailleur started to not work. Just every 10th shift or so it wouldn't shift. Then it wouldn't shift at all. Damn. Electrical short. After hours of trying to re-solder wires I couldn't get it fixed. As a reminder, I took my external wiring harness and hacked it apart to make it internal. Slowly but surely I have had to re-solder those spliced wires over the last 2 years. So Saturday I just took the whole harness out of the bike and threw it in the garbage. Last year I bought a new internal wiring harness and now was the time to get it installed. Now I have a proper internal wiring harness in Victoria and she's a very happy bike.
:party:

yeah, but did you tickle her belly button from the inside? :applause:
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Previous

Return to General cycling