Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

what happened...

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

what happened...

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:53 am

why are the reviews forums locked? all of the sudden the main page looked a lot different.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: what happened...

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 am

WHOA! Ya, whats up with that? Lots of areas appear to be gone. I hope this is a temporary thing...
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm

I think contentwise everything should be there for y'all to see.

We had to change a couple of things because of all the spam that has been flooding the forum. New members posts will be invisible until a mod approves them because right now 99% of the are spam. With all the subforums they were a huge PITA to clean up and we still check every one because we don't want legit new members to be turned off.

If anybody has a review he or she wants to do, just go ahead and post it in the techtalk section and once the discussions appears to be through we'll move it to review section.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Such a forward thinking group of Mods here
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby j0m » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 pm

That's us. :D

Actually unless you've been a mod on a public forum I don't think you could imagine how much spam there is. There can hundreds of spam messages in a single day.
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

I believe it. There was a stretch of a few months last year where I was so damn sick of having I report spam posts to the mods that I was going to lose my mind
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby SpeedyChix » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm

With it locked, you can't VIEW the reviews? Least I'm not able to.
SpeedyChix
Cat 5

Postby Boonen » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:41 am

SpeedyChix wrote:With it locked, you can't VIEW the reviews? Least I'm not able to.

we removed the sub-forums but you should still be able to see all the reviews in the review section? For some reason they're in a second folder but it's still all there, you just need to click one level deeper, let us know if that works?
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby mdeth1313 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Boonen wrote:
SpeedyChix wrote:With it locked, you can't VIEW the reviews? Least I'm not able to.

we removed the sub-forums but you should still be able to see all the reviews in the review section? For some reason they're in a second folder but it's still all there, you just need to click one level deeper, let us know if that works?

That doesn't work. If you click on the "reviews" after the first time it tells you that you do not have the required permission to view that topic.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby SpeedyChix » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Boonen wrote:

As noted by mdeth1313, you get the message you don't have required ....

Glad the hub, rim and DA reviews have been via the blog.

Hoping you can get both the reviews and classifieds locked status sorted out.

Thanks much!
SpeedyChix
Cat 5

Postby aliasforme » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 am

I'm being told I'm not allowed to view some forums, is this because my post count is below X?
aliasforme
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:08 pm

What forums? The market is locked to everyone it appears. I can't see the old stuff in there.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby SpeedyChix » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Both the review and market return this:

SpeedyChix
Cat 5

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Must be permanently closed then.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:17 am

The review section should be visible, but we are either too dumb, too busy, or both, to fix it.

Sorry about that.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling