Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Green and Purple Women's Build (in progress)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Green and Purple Women's Build (in progress)

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:44 am

Looking good!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Wow, that' a stunning color combo, I like it a lot.

In today's world it's pretty brave to order parts without knowing the frame, as you never know what's going to fit, but if you are thinking custom, that's less of a problem.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby SpeedyChix » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Great start. Agree about Firefly possibly being able to do some color magic to pull the purple and green into the frame.
Nice project.
SpeedyChix
Cat 5

Postby Fuchs » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:38 am

How is it going?
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby Macrophage » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:46 am

Ypsylon wrote:Wow, that' a stunning color combo, I like it a lot.

In today's world it's pretty brave to order parts without knowing the frame, as you never know what's going to fit, but if you are thinking custom, that's less of a problem.

Definitely! Hoping to not come across too many barriers -- I have tried to account for certain discrepancies by getting 2 headset options (see below). I have noticed that headtube size is wavering within and across companies that use Ti as a building material -- Other potential issue may be the seatpost diameter.

Thanks for all of the great ideas/comments:

Please find more photos of Chris King Purple parts as they come in.... Very rich hue; is quite nice!

Hubs are 28 H (only option) -- Looking for rim ideas :D

Macrophage
Cat 4

Previous

Return to General cycling