Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Niki, pritchet74's MTB build

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Niki, pritchet74's MTB build

Postby Boonen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 am

You gonna ride those like that? ;)
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Ya. That's been fixed.

And good news!!! The final parts have been ordered from FWB and by next week I will have everything to build her up!!! So figure on the first week of January and I will have a mountain bike to ride!!!

:party:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Cheers! » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 pm

How come the REBA instead of a SID 32mm? For the color?
Cheers!
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Price. I found a new one on eBay for a really great price. No other reason. I had wanted white but it was black. The price was too good to pass up.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Getting closer...
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Cheers! » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 am

Let us know what you think of the Ashima brakes... I'm curious. Have not heard much about them.
Cheers!
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Build has begun, but I had the LBS install the BB and the plastic sleeve buckled as shown here:
The shell is 68mm and I used the provided spacers, so it shouldn't have done that. I need to go back and pull the cups and then trash the sleeve. I won't ride the bike more than 15-20x a year so I am not too concerned about the bearings getting ruined.

I am interested in how the brakes work too. Reviews aren't too good, but I haven't ever ridden disc brake before and haven't ridden a MTB in about 13 years. Keep in mind that I ride road brakes that are on the low stopping power side too. So, hopefully they are good enough for my needs.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby leugene » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 am

pritchet74 wrote:Price. I found a new one on eBay for a really great price. No other reason. I had wanted white but it was black. The price was too good to pass up.

Lucky guy! I'm vice versa would like to get black, but all I see for good price is damn white!
leugene
Cyclotourist

Postby Boonen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 am

Too bad about the bb but the rest is shaping up nicely pritchet! :D
Do you still need any parts to finish the build?
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, I got the BB sorted out last night - the bike shop sold me a BB with a spacer that was too long. They had a correct sleeve in the parts bin though. I just went to install the cranks and remembered that the washer thing that covers the non-drive side bearings was in the BB box that I thru away 3 days ago. Crap. Need to see if the shop has an extra one...

Other than that I should have everything. Now I just need to find the time to put everything together.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby RTW » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 am

Looking good Pritch. Why did you go for the BioKork rather than any others?
RTW
Manufacturer

Postby Juanmoretime » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 am

I'm using the Biocork too. I used the regular Ergon's for years. Thanks RTW. I recently went to the cork since all my friends did and claimed there was greater hand comfort. I have yet to ride them. I'm not sure if they are more comfortable but will find out soon!
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby yooyo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 am

based on the era of the frame, I'm almost certain it will handle best with an 80mm travel fork.
yooyo
Cyclotourist

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:56 pm

I went with the cork because it looks cool. And it's different. Ya, I have had other suggestions for the 80mm fork as well, but I will roll with it as is and see how she rides.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fuchs » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:34 pm

how long does Niki take to get dressed? or is she ready yet? (do not hurry - she looks sexy naked as well ;) )
Fuchs
Cat 2

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling