Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Tuning Ultegra Di2

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Tuning Ultegra Di2

Postby un0culus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:32 pm

hi all,

maybe it is manchester coding. on an oscilloscope it looks a bit like phase shifting. it's robust, delivers re-timing and has a small footprint of code in a mcu. it's e.g. used in infrared tv remotes. perhaps worth a try...

cu
un0culus
Cyclotourist

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 am

has there been no progress made on the protocol as yet?
Dr_Mutley
Cyclotourist

Postby eddnshoulders » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi All

I dunno if anyone is still working on this, but I'm a control engineer with experience in both signal circuit modelling and embedded programming. I've just bought a Di2 group and am keen to extend the functionality. I was bit deflated to discover this post showing that it wasn't simple CANbus (anyone know where the rumour came from that it WAS CANbus?).

Deluz and Jeffr - I was wondering if you would be willing to share with me the traces you've already captured on your DSO(s). I'll have a play in Matlab to demodulate the signal and decode the binary. Once we know what's required we can work out if it's gonna be worth proceeding with hardware. I do signal processing in Matlab and circuit modelling in SPICE day-to-day so this shouldn't take me very long.
eddnshoulders
Cyclotourist

Postby bartturner » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:26 pm

I will be having some free time this winter and I am looking to pick up on this. Is there any additional progress since last year? I have searched other forums and have not found any other progress besides that it appears a Dale79 in Australia has figured it out but is not sharing. So any other progress that anyone is aware of that is available I would appreciate a pointer.

If possible I would like to get copies of the traces that have been captured. I have a Ultegara Di2 setup that I am not using to work with. I actually have a software engineering background with some limited electronics experience but I am very persistent and eager to figure this out and have some spare time.

Thanks!
bartturner
Cyclotourist

Previous

Return to General cycling