I am installing Di2 on a 2011 P4. I have to make a hole from the bottom of the bike under the bottom bracket into the frame of the bike to access the seat post. One way or another I am drilling the hole tomorrow night. But I can not decide between:
1) Drilling up through the bottom bracket sleeve and then through the other side of the bottom bracket.
2) Drill a hole in front of the bottom bracket and having the cable go around the bottom bracket. This is my preferred approach but could it be solid around the BB and therefore not possible to route a cable? Also why have others not taken this approach and instead gone through the BB shell?
Like to hear thoughts on which approach.
I appreciate any feedback but I have already decided the following:
1) Do not care that it will void the warranty
2) I only want internal and not interested in external
3) Location of the battery I am only considering in seat post
4) Only interested in doing this myself. Not interested in sending off to a place or having local Cervelo LBS do the work. I really enjoy these types of projects and willing to accept if it turns out to be a disaster
Here are the pics. In the picture I need to get a cable from the bottom up to where you see the words "Curved Cutout Construction". You can see there is not much rooom in the frame above the bottom bracket shell. So looking at a cable going in front of the BB or to the left in the picture and then up. Basic question is it hollow above the BB. I am comfortable that if I can by the BB I can fish the cable up.