Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Meeting other FWB members

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Meeting other FWB members

Postby mdeth1313 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 pm

This summer while on my 10th anniversary trip, I met Pritchet for the first time in SF. That was fun!

Yesterday(Saturday 10/20), I was reading my emails and Juanmoretime tells me he's leaving for NYC for a wedding. As it turns out, my wife and I were in Manhattan for her Optometry Conference and class reunion. Next thing you know, I got meet JMT (after 5 or 6 years of being WW and FWB friends and hang out for a bit. Just shows, you never know who or where you're going to end up seeing someone!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: Meeting other FWB members

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Meeting forum members is pretty cool. This last year I met mdeth1313 and Ypsylon for the first time. I was able to eat Chipotle with both gentlemen too!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:15 pm

pritchet74 wrote:Meeting forum members is pretty cool. This last year I met mdeth1313 and Ypsylon for the first time. I was able to eat Chipotle with both gentlemen too!

mmmmm, chipotle. I need one of those near me!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:35 am

Chipotle doesn't sound overly appealing to me? :?

A few years ago i met Dark Albert off the ww forum and also the Nils at Eurobike. That was really good. I was given an introduction to Axel from AX Lightness at the same time and a couple of other manufacturers that I didn't know, plus on the way back to the hotel, a random person I started talking to turned out to be another ww member! Many, many years ago we also had a visit from a Rue, must be ten years ago now, I'd think. Other than that, erm, a ww member over in New Zealand when I went there on holiday and I think that might be it. What I have found is that forum members rarely seem to look like what you imagine they will look like, but without exception (so far) they have all been good people.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby über-goober » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 am

In the past year I was lucky enough to meet Ypsilon and Pritch.

the problem? could be the nut behind the handlebars.
über-goober
Cat 2

Postby Juanmoretime » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 am

Definitely was an excellent time. To recapture the moment and because its way too much to type here were my thoughts:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 4&t=108449
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 am

Yep, meeting Pritch and his family, über-goober, movr, and, last but not least, madcow was definetly awesome.

Lots of great riding, too.

It's incredible to see pro riders just walk in the door and how they range from, "uhm, it's a hardtail with those large wheels" to, "dang, Jason, this is 3.7g heavier than last year's, what do we do?"
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling