Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

KCNC cobweb or praxis chainring?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

KCNC cobweb or praxis chainring?

Postby bianchi10 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:16 pm

hello all, first post here. I have a Cdale SS with ultegra grupo and just put on an SLK crankset to replace the brick weight gossamer. looking for the best option for aftermarket chainring. Had my eye on the praxis for a long time but it only comes in the clover shape for compact 50/34. I prefer a more "open" chain ring. I came across the kcnc cobweb chainring which looked pretty cool but wasn't able to find much info on it. Ultimately I want smooth,light and durable performance. I dont think I can go wron with any praxis CR, but will the Cobweb be comparable?

What other options would you recommend?

thanks
bianchi10
Cyclotourist

Re: KCNC cobweb or praxis chainring?

Postby über-goober » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 pm

I keep hearing the K3 cobwebs shift really well. They cost less but aren't forged liked the Praxis.

Maybe aesthetics decide?
the problem? could be the nut behind the handlebars.
über-goober
Cat 2

Return to General cycling