Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Victoria needs a makeover

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Victoria needs a makeover

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:28 pm

So I have been riding the same bike for about 3 years now - and or someone who rode 5 different road bikes over the previous 4 years that's saying something. So I want something new but I really love my bike - so I was thinking about sanding the white off of the top tube and seat tube. I would also sand the fork nude. Then obviously clear coat everything. I broke out the electrical tape and covered the subject areas of the frame. What do you guys think?

If I do this I would probably switch out the white Komm-Vor saddle for the white Komm-Vor Plus saddle since it has much less white on it. Then maybe black hoods and ditch the wheel decals.

Thoughts?

Before

After
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Victoria needs a makeover

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:39 pm

For me, both fork and frame completely black, but leave everything else as is. I wondered a little about ghost graphics but not so sure!
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby stumpytrunks » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:52 am

I like the bottom picture, but if you are going to do that you might as well take the red stripe off the fork; I think the white one should stay as it ties in nicely with the line on the frame near the 'o' of cervelo. Maybe see how that looks, along with leaving the line near the 'o' on the top tube as well.
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I hadn't thought about leaving that line in the top tube. That might look good.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Stockie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I did this with my Cervélo, based it on the R5ca and then put some white accents on it:

Here is the whole thread: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45459&start=45
Stockie
Stockie
Cat 5

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 am

How did you do the Cervelo logo? That's just about exactly what I am looking to do. Did you buy decals or did you mask it and paint it?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby HammerTime » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Is that Victoria ... or Gloria?
pritchet74 wrote:So I want something new but I really love my bike - so I was thinking about sanding the white off of the top tube and seat tube. I would also sand the fork nude.
Yes, you're the meathead. Cut to about 1:20 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci6bxtzZABE to get to the essence of the matter. You want to cheat on your bike without actually cheating.
HammerTime
Cat 1

Postby Rasmus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:28 am

I like the proposed look, but I'd take a little off the wheels as well, eg. leave the black HED on the white but ditch the rest.

Wait, you've had the same bike for 3 years? ...the hell?
"Ride faster, I hear banjo music!"
Rasmus
sensei of polish

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 am

Ya, 3 years is crazy long for the same frame. I still haven't fully decided what I want to do though. I contacted Rue to see if she could paint the frame for me, but she isn't painting frames currently. I wanted another spider paint job like the custom Ruegamer frameset that I had or the white flame paint job like she did on the Blackbird bike. At some point she will be ready to paint though, so the question is can I wait that long. I can't just go with a stealth look - its just too generic. I new something more.

So I either leave it as is for now or strip the paint and clear and put a coat of 303 protectant on it until I can paint it.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Return to General cycling