Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Scott 3 - NEW PIC 7/6 - new bars

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Scott 3 - NEW PIC 7/6 - new bars

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm

That actually sounds good. When you are running a stem that short (unless you have a funky body shape) it usually means the frame is too big. And that's a killer price for a complete bike.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm going to take some pics of the "new" bike later today and start a new topic. Different bike = different topic. It arrived yesterday so I did the switch out and rebuild. Internal routing on a Quintana Roo is a PITA. My saddle really doesn't match fit well w/ the new color scheme, but I've only got so much money to spend before my wife kills me!

Biggest difference is the fit-- on the test ride up and down my street it was a whole different world. Of course, now I really want a smaller road frame, but that's not going to happen anytime soon (famous last words).
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: Scott 3 (the final frontier)- NEW PICS! 6/12

Postby Design Cycles » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Juanmoretime wrote:I moved my Garmin this year from the stem to a more forward on the aerobars using a Profile Design mount. This makes it easier to watch my power readings and watch down the road while in the aero position. I know some here that can testify that is a good thing to do.

We have a solution to put the Garmin on the aerobars as well. Check out our site and let me know if you are interested.
http://www.designcycles.net
Design Cycles
Cyclotourist

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Stick with the road bike as it is. I tried moving to a smaller road frame and it just felt twitchy with the shorter wheelbase. I couldn't feel comfortable on it.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Scott 3 (the final frontier)- NEW PICS! 6/12

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:25 am

Design Cycles wrote: We have a solution to put the Garmin on the aerobars as well. Check out our site and let me know if you are interested.

Technically your post is against the rules.

And to be honest I'd feel a lot better about this if your website at least had an address on it.

Feel free to add valuable info to your post and why you think it's a good option for this build specifically, or I'll have to consider it a rather random plug of your website and probably delete it.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Previous

Return to General cycling