Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Small Di2 battery question?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Small Di2 battery question?

Postby lemond853 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm looking to run a 1x10 Di2 setup on my TT bike. I've purchased the Shimano rear der and front wiring harness, but would like to use custom bits for everything else.

Instead of putting the battery inside the seatpost, I've decided I'm going to try to put it inside one of the aero bar extensions. This would allow me to run one cable from the handlebar area all the way to the rear der. The extension has a 19mm id. Does anyone have any suggestions on a battery that would fit inside there?

Also, would any of the plugs on the front wiring harness fit into the rear der? I'm going to solder all my connection to this harness anyway. And if I can use one of those plugs to run into the rear der, that would save me some money. I would solder the plug onto the end of my one, long cable.

Thanks,
Scott
lemond853
Cyclotourist

Re: Small Di2 battery question?

Postby Deluz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 pm

I am looking at putting a battery inside my drop drop bars similar to Calfee's Powerbar.
This is the battery I am thinking of using:

http://www.batteryspace.com/Customized- ... -wire.aspx

Deluz
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:39 pm

These are what I use in my seat post and they would fit in an aero extension with no problem. Cell is 1cm wide.

Tenergy model 461540. Wired as shown you have more charge capacity than the standard Di2 battery. Cells and the matching charger were under $60 total I think. Works great.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Deluz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 pm

I thought those Tenergy cells have to be balance charged.
I don't see how you can do that with the configuration you have.
Deluz
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I havent had any problems with it all. Perhaps ignorance is bliss!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Return to General cycling