Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

2005 Scott CR1 Pro vs. 2009 Fuji Team Pro

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

2005 Scott CR1 Pro vs. 2009 Fuji Team Pro

Postby kin2papi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and would like someones professional opinion regarding the difference between these two frames. I currently own a 2009 Fuji Team Pro with Ultegra. In all it is a smooth ride. My cousin recently upgraded from his 2005 Scott CR1 to a new Neil Pryde (which by the way is a sexy looking frame and according to him is even more aggressive than his old Scott). Anyways, he told me I was welcomed to switch my components over to the Scott frame. I've hopped on a couple of times on his Scott as we are almos the same size, and it does feel a little faster, smoother, and aggressive than my Fuji. Is there really a difference. Is the Scott truly a better frame. I've done a little research and the only thing I get is.......the Scott frame might be a little ligther. I would truly appreciate some further knowledge on this. Thanks

Rod
kin2papi
Cyclotourist

Re: 2005 Scott CR1 Pro vs. 2009 Fuji Team Pro

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:15 am

Could you just switch your stuff over and ride the Scott for a little while, holding on to your Fuji?

To me that would be the way to go, as at the end of the day it's your call which frameset you like better.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Re: 2005 Scott CR1 Pro vs. 2009 Fuji Team Pro

Postby kin2papi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks Ypsylon. Anyone else have any suggestions?
kin2papi
Cyclotourist

Return to General cycling