Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Just an old guy trying to stay in shape

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Just an old guy trying to stay in shape

Postby luvmysteel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Greetings form SC Penna. I have been a lurker for quite a while and decided to join your web site.
I am on the down side of 50 but still love to ride my road bikes. It is my way to free my mind of all the everyday stuff. When I am riding it is one of the few times I can clear my
head of all the mumbo jumbo of everyday life. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. It is that simple.
I have been riding since I was 17 or 18. Got my first real bike in 85. It was a basso ascot that I still have to this day. I have had many alum. and steel bikes over the years with a few Ti thrown in. I raced in my younger days than while in the Army raced for the post team for a few years. Really had a blast altho was never really that good. Still had a great time.
My current rides are a custom steel sprit/life mix built by Rich Adams in NE PA. I also have a semi custom Dean El Vado. Both of these are built up with 10 speed record.
I also have my century bike that I had built in 02/03 era. it is built up with chorus and some speed dream wheels. That one was built by Joe Williams in PA also.
Thanks to this forum and FWB I have been able to build up a few nice rides. They my not be the lightest on the road but they do what I need them to do in comfort and style.
Brian
luvmysteel
Cyclotourist

Re: Just an old guy trying to stay in shape

Postby dalai » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 pm

Welcome Brian. Some photos of the bikes would be great!
dalai
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Welcome, and yes, pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have a Dean Colonol MTB - great bike. I miss her.....
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Juanmoretime » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Brian and welcome. That makes us about the same age. I used to spend a lot of time in Pennsylvania when my daughters attended Swarthmore and Bryn Mawr. Like you my favorite thing about my bike is riding it. The process is thoughtless and the bike is just really an extension of my body. Only my tastes run towards titanium verses steel. How boring life would be if we all liked the same things.
Last edited by Juanmoretime on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby j0m » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi there and welcome to the board! To me it seems like you've got your priorities straight. Would be nice seeing your bikes.
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 am

Welcome to the forum. Some bike pics are definitely needed! :D
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Return to General cycling