Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Cervelo P4 - Di2 internal

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Cervelo P4 - Di2 internal

Postby Sharkbrtri2 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 am

Thats sure what i want to do! But guess ill also have to start with the shimano for now. Can you showh me where to drill on the chainstay for the rear derrailer?
Sharkbrtri2
Cyclotourist

Postby pritchet74 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 am

No idea. My SLC-SL had a hole at the back. Call Cervelo customer service and ask them - they told me where to drill the hole in my top tube behind my headset.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 am

Oh, nice links!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Sharkbrtri2 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:26 am

Can you show me how did you managed to rout the rd cable? Did you cut it? I drilled in the end of the chainstay and i managed to pass a brake cable and even a housing but im not able to pass themdi2 cable itself... Please enlight me!
Sharkbrtri2
Cyclotourist

Postby phoon » Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 am

Apologies for not replying earlier. Haven't been on the forum for a while. Sounds like you have started well with the RD routing. You will have found that the rear end has a lot of aluminum in which you drill through rather than the carbon. I can confirm that getting the Di2 plug past the existing cable guide in the chainstay is near impossible. I tried am y different ways with no success. I was trying to avoid cutting the cable.
In the end I used a flat 4 core telephone cable which is similar wire size but passes past the cable guide since it is flat. I then spliced at both ends.
Make sure that you heat shrink properly and plan where to cut to ensure that only the original Di2 cable is protruding. So plan the routing from the cable exit to the RD connection at the RD. do this end first as it is easier to lose excess cable at the BB end.
Are you using a seat post battery? If so you will need to have the RD cable hole exit into the BB by drilling a hole through the shell both sides. See my photo above. Of course be careful to ensure that the hole into the chainstay is well clear of the chainstay walls otherwise you will have an expensive piece of junk.
Measure several times/ drill once! All the external bracket holes can be sealed and will be covered by the brake cover anyway.
Good luck
phoon
Cat 4

Previous

Return to General cycling