Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Introducing Victoria....... (new wheels on Page 31)

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Introducing Victoria....... (with new shoes on Page 21)

Postby Boonen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

mdeth1313 wrote:gotta love it when anotha brotha gets HED!

:shock: :impish:

She looks pretty good in her new clogs Pritch! Going 100mph sitting still. How do they compare to the H3's?
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Less effected by the wind than the H3's. Better sound too.

The 23mm rims with the Hooker brakes doesn't leave a lot of clearance though, so I am getting some rim rub when hammering out of the saddle. I have KoolStop pads, which are the thinnest I could find, but I need to shave ~2mm off of each one.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fuchs » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

she is nice with these wheels! :) nice colour mod as well
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 am

So after nearly 2 months of barely touching my bike I have been riding regularly for almost 2 weeks now. I gotta say that I forgot how much I love Victoria. And these new shoes are amazing. I rode last week on a windy day and was virtually unaffected. At 90mm deep the rims just aren't a problem when you ride them every day.

I had a problem with the new Vittoria tires I bought. The 23mm Open Corsa tires measured at 25 on the wide rims and when hammering out of the saddle I had rubbing at the rear brake. It wasn't the pads though (even though I ha to switch to KoolStop from SwissStop to get more clearance from the rims to the pads) - the tire was running the inside of the brakes. Not cool. Right now I have on a narrower tire and it is fine though and I have some 21mm proper race tires on my work bench once Spring arrives. No problem with rubbing with a narrower tire, which widens to 23mm on the 23mm rim.

Campy EPS is sure tempting my wallet though, but I think the current build will stay relatively unchanged for another year.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Drillium......

With the new prototype head unit for my Di2 I wanted to put it inside the stem. The Ritchey wasn't big enough inside so I got this one. Very clean finished product.

pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 pm

My goodness that bike looks nice. No wonder Victoria has been causing trouble on the circuit....oh wait, that's the human one :D
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:25 am

First ride with her pierced, uh, neck today. The held up like a champ when I hammered out of the saddle. No signs of cracking yet. I will be sure to check them regularly, as in after every ride, to see if any cracking develops.

I put a new fork on her a week or so ago too. A Cervelo FK26 from a 2012 P2. More aero than the already very aero 3T Funda, but about 100g heavier. But faster is faster, right?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Can you post a picture of the fork interface with the frame. I thought that they were not an exact fit.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:32 pm

The fork from the P4 (FK25) isn't - believe me, I have that fork too. This one is though.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Still would like to see a picture. As you know I am thinking of going down this route eventually. When you have time that is.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:03 pm

I just took this pic.

This is from 2 weeks ago when she was in Vicky mode. I had just gotten the fork that day so the steerer tube was yet t be cut
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I will probably sand the fork down since the red stripe doesn't match.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow she does look sexy. Danica is getting a major face lift as well. Berk custom, Omega's and Specialized Virtue.

What does Vick and Victoria weigh? I know it is rude as ask what a ladies weight is but I am single and do not care. LOL
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Victoria is 16.77# as shown, and that's with the heavy new fork. I certainly can't complain as I have a lot of very heavy parts. Brakes, cranks, wheels, and fork are all not light.

I didn't weigh Vicky, but she will make another appearance next week (most likely) so I will weigh her then.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 pm

How long does it take to change her from Victoria to Vicky?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

BMANX
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling