Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Di2 Plug connector pin-out

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Di2 Plug connector pin-out

Postby phoon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:32 pm

I am just about to do my custom P4 internal build, but one bit of information that would save me a lot of time is to know the colors of the wires associated with each socket on the plug end.

I am sure anyone that has cut up cables will be able to tell me this.

I want to do a rough setup to make sure everything works by pushing in the the wires from my Cateye buttons.

In return I hope to post the whole build details to help anyone else. I have some novel ideas that should build a really nice setup with minimal wires outside anywhere.

Thanks
phoon
Cat 4

Re: Di2 Plug connector pin-out

Postby Jeffr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Which plugs? There are 5 pin and 4 pin plugs and not each of a given pin count have the same pin-out.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby phoon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:50 pm

The 4 pins that connect to the aero shifters at this stage. Don't think I will need to split the 5 pin ones, but it you happen to know them I am sure that some one will find that useful, and I may need it later down the track
phoon
Cat 4

Postby mgiaro » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:15 am

maybe this diagrams helps?
By the way, I've found the way to biuld male plug and also very ceahp spare parts of dis with male-female cables for 6 euros (8 dollars more or less) that can be cut and soldered withoht fear.
They are sold by an on line german shop (but not only)
bye
Marcone
mgiaro
Cat 4

Postby phoon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 am

Thanks Marcone, that does help me a bit, but what I really need is a photo of the end of the plug which says pin is which colour. Rgds Dave
phoon
Cat 4

Postby mgiaro » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:59 am

Phoon what I remember about the button (not the rd or fd routing) in that if you look the plug you have 4 holes.
The plug has a system to make no mistake when plugging (hope you understand, there is only one way you can plug).
Well, the hole inside the two "wave" is the flight deck one (useless).
The corresondat hole at the bottom is the common for the button.
Left and right holes are for shifting.

I'm not shure it's possible to understand, I'll try to be a little bit more comprehensible...
mgiaro
Cat 4

Postby phoon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the help. Your description was spot on. Have just completed my build including custom male connectors. First ride tonight and all working well, even if it is not all tidied up yet.
phoon
Cat 4

Postby Ypsylon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:13 pm

That's funny. I was just about to link to a pic from NAHBS where someone had built just that.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling