Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Motorbikes anybody?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Motorbikes anybody?

Postby Fuchs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:51 am

the bike started as an xt660x from yamaha.i had an identical bike last year and had made a lot of changes already on this and made a plan for over the winter.
unfortunaly the bike got stolen. and as i already orderd a lots of parts for the bike i just bought an xt660x again. got it in september, rode it one month until it got frosty here and then started with the build :)
it will be a lot lighter,stronger, better handling, own looks wich will be very slim and so on

the frame is changed and will get more changes, all plastic parts will be made out of carbon, an aluminium tank wich sits in the backframe and even will be the backframe and seat, special made titanium exaust, carbon wheels, white power fork and öhlins in the rear, engine rebuild with around 75horses, completly new electrical system.
should be under 140kg with fuel i hope. not extrem if you count it against race bikes but it is build to last for many miles instead as it is my every day bike...

i've got some pics but nothing is really ready...

testing of the guard before taking the bike apart
fghv.JPG

testing of the guard before taking the bike apart
ghvvg.JPG

parts of the digital clocks. will get an carbonframe and go together with the light...
hastighetsmätar bygge.jpg

the starting ground for the complete homemade clutchlever. will be around 45g (original is 160g)
image006.jpg

testing the frontfender on the old fork
jhgjh.JPG

testing of the fork with some parts
535.jpg

building for the digital clock and the sidestand (at 82g 400g lighter then the original xt)
lökjlö.jpg

destroying an almost new frame ;)
sågad ramen.jpg

how it looks right now. still a long way to go...
kjhjkhoi.jpg
Last edited by Fuchs on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby Fuchs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:00 am

Fuchs wrote:out of shape? start with supermoto and you will think a new way ;)

i just build an lightweight long-distance supermoto. lots of carbon, aluminium and other nice stuff ;)

i said build...i mean i am building it right now...the english language :mrgreen:
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 am

WOW

:banana:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:35 pm

I like the ideas but I'd be a little bit concerned about super light home made motorcycle parts. I've seen what happens to a rider at 170mph when something goes wrong and the bike flips. It isn't pretty. Supermoto is a lot slower but I still think there's a reason why motorcycle parts are heavier duty. Stay safe :wink:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Fuchs » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah that's right but I do not stuff like making holes on the fork or things like that. The framebuilder is stellan egeland for exemple. One of the guys in my garage worked for isr a long time and even other guys with a long motorcycle building history are involved. I think this bike will work just fine ;)
Fuchs
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 am

Well on that note, more pics!! :grin:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Cheers! » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 pm

I wish I had a motorcycle when I met my significant other. I used to ride a really beaten up Honda CBR600F2.

This is what I have a hard on for:

Cheers!
Cat 2

Postby Boonen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 am

Very nice! I sat on the 675R a while ago, looks like lots of fun and has a ton of tuning potential :D
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:17 am

I love the Triumph sports bikes. The one thing I find quite odd is that they're a UK bike yet not seemingly very popular in the UK. For some reason we like Japanese sports bikes, or Italian bikes for those with a flair for mechanics. The US seem to love Triumphs, more or less all our Triumph accessories go out that way.

I'll take an Aprilia RSV4, while my work colleague has a soft spot for an MV Agusta F4 8)
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Cheers! » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:00 pm

I have a soft spot and love the 600cc class. The triumph 675R and also the Honda CBR600RR in black.

If I had all the money in the world and didn't work and just be a gear head 24/7 I would also have this. I've always wanted this bike. This example is a 1988 FZR400. I would want an all original one. right down to the muffler.

This is my favorite bike if I want flair. But it is a lot of bike. 1200cc of world superbike speed.

Personally I don't like tuning my bikes. They are already damn fast. Regardless of which model or make. In the past the only mod I would do is super sticky tires and a steering dampener. But these days all the modern crotch rockets have them from the factory. Albeit without the adjustable dampening.
Cheers!
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:09 pm

For me, it doesn't get any better than this (and seemingly with adjustable everything!)
Attachments
1199.jpg
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Boonen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:33 am

They had that Ducati at a show here a while ago, it looks even better in person!
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Ooh good, I'm going to see one tomorrow. Unfortunately my bank account won't stand one though :(
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:33 am

So, Stephen makes a mental note. It's not a good idea to go to a Ducati dealership to check if a part you sell fits a bike because........you come away with a burning desire to own a Ducati. Yes, folks, I saw a Ducati Monster 696 and after being told that they're a very good 'starter' bike, I've been thinking about taking my bike test and buying one ever since. I even have a picture on my computer desktop and one on my phone. Sad, really! :grin:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby über-goober » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 am

Never ridden one of those noisy smelly widow makers. And IMO Harley-Davidson and Indian never should have compromised their noble bicycles by making them into motorized 'pacer bikes'.

But wow that Ducati is hot! :shock:
Dang!!
the problem? could be the nut behind the handlebars.
über-goober
Cat 2

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling