Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Why we are Cyclists video

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Why we are Cyclists video

Postby pritchet74 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:01 pm

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1267495 ... -explained

This sounds like the first conversation I had with my wife about cycling.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Why we are Cyclists video

Postby Fourthbook » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Bravo!

On a more serious note: the WW thread "On the Road Today..." perhaps best illustrates why I ride w/ glorious images posted by cyclists around the world. Truly extraordinary and often inspirational photographs that capture the essense of cycling for me: freedom and beauty of unthetered movement outdoors, the joy of using fine technology, and the pleasure of physical exertion. I refer skeptical friends who prefer golf and the NFL to the forum thread rather than trying in vain to explain why I dash out to the rural roads every chance I get, even in winter weather of late that they think is only good for a) drinking more beer and watching more golf on a 65" HD TV; or b) sliding down a clear-cut mountain in a National Forest and then being carried back to the top on a chair lift...
Fourthbook
Cat 4

Postby dalai » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:37 pm

Nice Pritchet74.

I posted in the "On the Road Today" thread with pictures of my month in the French Alps last August / September. Back home training mostly in suburbia, I have nothing worthwhile to contribute... :(

It probably is my favourite thread online, especially Basilic's photos from around Geneva. :)
dalai
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 am

I had never even seen that thread at WW. Just killed an hour surfing thru some photos. Wish it was still light out - I would go ride!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:20 am

Not why I am a cyclist, but why you'd think about becoming one.

Come for health and money, stay for the fun.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1665634/infographic-of-the-day-how-bikes-can-solve-our-biggest-problems
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling