Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Campagnolo EPS Time Trial

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Campagnolo EPS Time Trial

Postby phoon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 am

Have been doing some surfing ahead of a change to my TT bike. I really want to go electronic mainly for the advantage in have aero and base bar shifters.

Until now, I have been a Campag diehard, but have been starting to look at Di2 (I can hardly bring myself to write this) simply because EPS TT looks to be a way off. Lots of good work by people here and I am sure that I could make a good setup with hidden battery for my P4 etc ........

unless someone here has thought of a way of getting EPS to work with Di2/Ultegra Di2 TT/sprint/climb switches. I know it is not readily available, but from what you know of the system, do you think it can be done?

over to the clever eleckies...
phoon
Cat 4

Re: Campagnolo EPS Time Trial

Postby pritchet74 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:24 am

Just go Di2. Old style though and not the new Ultegra Di2. Super simple to do everything custom. I have the hidden battery on my SLC-SL and have 2 sets of custom buttons too. You could do the same to your P4.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Campagnolo EPS Time Trial

Postby phoon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 am

Yes it's looking this way. Did you splice directly into the junction box or do you need to use the front TT wire kit?

Which hidden battery did you get or did you build your own?
Thx
phoon
Cat 4

Return to General cycling