Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

My Frankenstein Di2

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

My Frankenstein Di2

Postby Ahki » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi Guys, This is my first post here.

Just like to share with you and maybe get some feedback and hopefully help some of you who may want to try Di2 on their MTB but does not want to spend $475 on K-Edge Ki2.

You may want to take a look at this.

I wrote this last night, It may work, It may not, it has not been tested. I only have the rear mech for now and nothing else. But it looks promising and hopefully provide some inspiration.

http://flwrider.com/2011/12/09/frankenstein-di2/#more-47046

I use to do cars, taking Blocks from other models of cars and mating it to different heads from the same manufacturer. so mixing and matching was the idea behind this.. Most companies tend to keep similar design for different models in their range. This helps cut development cost.

enjoy.
Ahki
Cyclotourist

Re: My Frankenstein Di2

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:17 am

You may want to repost your info and not have that link. Some people dont like links.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mgiaro » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:57 am

I'm gonna doing something similar using a ultegra gs cage (ultegra for triple). The whole ultegra (new) is 60 euros, and this cage has a 39 theet capacity (instead of 33 of original dura ace).
I also wanna try and old XTR cage (the new shadow one has the pulley position aligned with the cage pivot and cannot work).
I'll share with you my results.
Marcone
mgiaro
Cat 4

Postby rfryer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the rear cage in this way on the Ultegra Di2?

Richard
rfryer
Cyclotourist

Return to General cycling