Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Ultegra Di2 without shifters??

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Ultegra Di2 without shifters??

Postby Tlford94 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:32 pm

I know the Ultegra Di2 just came out but was wondering if it would be possiable to run the set up without using the shifters and just using some aftermarket push buttons instead? I've read the post on people doing this with the Dura ace Di2 stuff.
Tlford94
Cat 5

Re: Ultegra Di2 without shifters??

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Is it really out yet?

I'd imagine it's just the same as Dura Ace, it's just a matter of making it weather proof.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Oilman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Yes it is possible and not that hard when you've some experience with electronics and micro-controllers. When there is a lot of demand for a small board so you only need the derailleurs I could make something.
Oilman
Cat 3

Postby mgiaro » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 pm

I called italian central shimano store.
They told me ultegra is very late with delivery.
I'm sad...I think we'll hve to buy the expensive dura ace. But in ulegra there are only two wires, so cateye remote button should be ok, and watereproof.
mgiaro
Cat 4

Postby petal666 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 am

It's on some Giants available for sale here in Australia
petal666
Cat 5

Return to General cycling