Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

FYI Sw-7970's and Record Brake levers and BB30 Sheath

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

FYI Sw-7970's and Record Brake levers and BB30 Sheath

Postby morrisond » Sat May 28, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm building an 1x10 Cross/Road bike ( 48t in the front with an 185 gram SRAM XX 11-32 in the back - yes big gaps, but not as bad as you think) with Di2 RD and Using Record Brake levers. I was mocking up the installation of the Sw-7972 and found a perfect spot, by cutting the wings off the Sw-7972 they mounted quite easily on the Record Brake lever right where the thumb lever would usually sit on Ergo Levers. It feels very Campy like. As the hoods aren't modified from normal Ergo hoods, the slot and everything is still there.

Works great, and now I kind of have paddle shifters. Up on one side and down on the other, too bad Jason won't sell the sequential shifter and then I would use the FD and have 15 usuable gears vs. 10.

In running SiSL cranks but it's proving hard to get the sheath that goes around the axle and keeps the wires from rubbing from Cannondale, the rep is going to try one more time (My frame is a Carbon SuperX), but I'm not hopeful. Does anyone have a source?
morrisond
Cat 4

Re: FYI Sw-7970's and Record Brake levers and BB30 Sheath

Postby Duci » Tue May 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Could you post pictures of your building? Thanks!
Duci
Cyclotourist

Re: FYI Sw-7970's and Record Brake levers and BB30 Sheath

Postby aosty » Tue May 31, 2011 7:50 pm

How about thumb/paddle levers on SRAM levers? 8-)
aosty
Cyclotourist

Return to General cycling