I am very interested in starting to do some of my own carbon fiber work on parts like integrated seat posts/saddles and possibly a stem for my own use. I would really like to start with a saddle/seatpost. I received advice that this may not be the best item to start with but I am set on doing so; does anyone have any specific detailed instructions on completing this task? Pictures with descriptions would be useful since I am a visual person.
1. Do you buy a prefabricated carbon tube to create the seatpost or do you buy sheet carbon and form your own post (I think Fiber-Lyte sells sheet carbon to customers)
2. Where else can you buy the carbon needed; is there a website?
3. What kind of epoxy/resin do I need and where do I buy it?
4. How do you go about making the mold - what material is the mold made from
5. How do you dry the carbon - I do have access to an autoclave and kiln at ceramics department
6. How did you fasten the saddle onto the post?
Pictures and details would be appreciated...