Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Berk PROTO-TYPE 3

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Berk PROTO-TYPE 3

Postby ... » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Fuchs wrote:this frame looks really really nice. well done Berk!

Thanks!

Here just one more photo:

H a n d m a d e I n S l o v e n i a
Cat 1

Postby ... » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi!

Again me with some more news about my work. First of all, maybe it would be better that I make a new topic, where I could post all my other projects...this topic should be only about the PROTO-TYPE 3 frame.. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm of course still active and I'm already working on some new projects, that may be interesting for you.

A few days ago I made a new seatpost. Here only one photo from the finished tube for the seatpost:
31.6mm x 385mm, UD look etc.,... the weight of the tube is 83g, and with some light parts for the mechanism the weight should be really good.

Here just one experiment with some "ghost" graphics under the semi-gloss finish:

At this moment I'm working on a really interesting project. I'm still making some integrated saddle/seatpost combos, and I have decided to make one step forward regarding the integration. Today I just finished with the work on a new mould - this time for a MTB bar!
I'll make an integrated bar/stem combo for MTB, and if it will turn out well for MTB, then there is no reason why I shouldn't make my own road stem/bar combo, made completely by myself ;)

Here just one more photo from another seatpos/saddle combo, this time in UD and with some carbon/kevlar hybrid reinforcements:
27.2mm x 320mm, UD, 117g

With some "ghost" decals 8)

And the most interesting part for me, I already started with the design for my new project - a monocoque frame! First I'll make a model that will help me for the further work on the moulds...as soon as I'll make the mould I'll of course make a new frame

Here just a random photo from some experimental work:

But thill then I'll be testing PROTO-TYPE 3, already more than 1500km made with it (unfortunately I ride with it only twice per week, but otherwise I'm really very happy with the results!).

I already have a lot of carbon (also some new one for different beauty layers - UD, 3K, 12K,..) and soon I'll get also some nano-resin, for my ultimate frame project! Just can't wait, it really couldn't be any better than it is and I really have to thank a lot some people here in Slovenia, who are in the carbon business and are prepared to support my projects!

I'll keep you updated as soon as I'll make some more progress, thanks for your attention!
Berk
Cat 1

Re: Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Postby ... » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi!

First of all sorry that I didn't posted that much here,..just don't have a lot of time and most of my posts are on WW, you can see it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... &start=285
And also on Facebook: Berk Composites

I'm already working on some new projects,..some combos and a new frame. It will be a monocoque frame, and I'll use also nano-technology etc.,..you can read more on WW :wink:
Anyway, I'll keep you updated also here! Sorry again for my silence.

Berk
Cat 1

Postby ... » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:52 am

Hi!

After some more time of silence, here are some new photos from some of my products. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time these days for some more carbon work because my University, but I'm working on some nice projects.

First is for sure a new frame project, where I'll use also NANO technology!
I already wrote on Facebook some time ago and will share with you also here.
In the past few days I just get a new idea, how to make a custom made frame that would look like a monocoque frame - wihout any visible edges and with smooth lines on the joints. It's a procedure where I would need just one set of moulds for a custom frame, and I could make a custom standard road frame, a MTB frame or even an aero/TT frame with some aero tubing!

Of course it's my secret and it may take me some more time before I start with the work, but just to let you know that I'm working on my future projects,..

I also constructed a MTB stem/bar combo and hopefully I'll have soon some time to make a prototype. Also this time I'll use the new procedure, where I'll be able to use the same mould for any dimension and angle of the stem (!)

At this moment I'm working quite a lot on some projects and hopefully I'll be soon able to show some more products. My head is ful of inovations and just can't wait to start with all those projects! Also someone from a hi-tech company from Slovenia contacted me, and I was really very surprised...and in the future I'll for sure keep working with carbon, hopefully also in the carbon industry, I'll give my best.

Here just some more photos, to show you the background of all those carbon parts, probably it's interesting for some of you:

DANGEROUS chemicals - good equipment is VERY IMPORTANT (good mask, gloves and other protection, also a good ventilation and workshop)...

One more Combo, this time also with the AX Phoenix saddle shape (in UD):

I also made a combo that went to USA - the first one in USA! It's for a <4200g project for a forum member on WW:

And some more random photos from my workshop (that is slowly getting larger :) ) and the PT3 frame:

Really a lot of things happening to me these days..I was also in the Slovenian biggest cycling magazine where they presented my work and it was really nice!
After that quite a lot of people (also from our Slovenian carbon industry) wrote to me and in the future I'll have some meetings with some of them, and maybe a dream will come true some day! We have some great companies like Elan, Akrapovič, PipiStrel, Seaway,..and hopefully some day I'll be a part of a company like that, or maybe even make my own :mrgreen:..

Anyway, if you're interested to see some more details I post also on Facebook ("Berk Composites"), usually with even more photos because it takes me less time to keep you updated

Thanks for your attention!
Jure
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 am

Oh man. Wow. Just wow. :cheers:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby BMANX » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:00 am

Amazing.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98lbs
BMANX
Cat 1

Postby Gumgardner » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Making waves. :smooth:
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby ... » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:20 pm

@BMANX, pirtchet74 & gum

I'm glad that you like it! Thanks for those compliments :cheers:

Tomorrow I'll have to be all day at my University and then I'll finally have a few free days, just can't wait! Some combos are in process and as soon as I'll make them I'll post some photos,... It really makes me sad that I can't work more because other duties, but hope that I'll soon have some more time to realize all my ideas! I have a lot of projects to do - from an integrated MTB bar/stem combo, new frame made with nano-technology, etc., till a biathlon rifle that I'm working on with some of the athlets from our national biathlon team,...I also love this sport and we have nice winters also for those sports, and all the places are really close to me - glad that Slovenia is a very small country and that I live just 15km away from our capital city (Ljubljana). I have 1.5h of driving with my car till our sea and 1.5h till our national park (and highest mountain Triglav). There is also Pokljuka (biathlon) and Planica (ski jumping), etc.,... if some of you will have a trip to Europe, you have to visit Slovenia :grin:
Cat 1

Postby Matteo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:54 am

That's amazing! :adore:
Matteo
Cat 3

Postby ... » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks Matteo :cheers:

And here already some new photos, from a new combo:

UD, 27.2mm x 380mm, 150g

I love this work 8-)
Cat 1

Postby Gumgardner » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:25 pm

That looks like mine ;)
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby ... » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Yes, hope you'll soon get it :thumbUp:

Now I'm working on my new frame project and will rather open a new topic for it..so more photos to come soon ;)
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

That looks great!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby ... » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks!!

Something new - but this time not carbon work.
It's just a simple project, how to make your old saddle like new. All you need is some leather, glue and some skills :mrgreen:

Don't know if I already mentioned, but in our family is also a leather company. When I was a small child this work was really interesting for me and I already worked with leather before - leashs for horses and dogs, collars, hats,...anyway, here is the product, a saddle that is just like new:

For my PT4 NANO project I'll of course make a combo for myself, and will most probably cover the saddle with one thin layer of leather, will see...just because the look, because it won't be another all-black project ;)

As soon as I'll make my own carbon rails I'll be able to make my own saddles, of course also padded. Some time ago I posted a TT/Tri saddle shell, and the original saddle rails for it were 103g, and I really have to make my own rails, because it would be a shame if I would bond the 55g saddle shell with 103g saddle rails...anyway, I'm working on it and will sure keep you updated...
Cat 1

Postby Mike K. » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Super work all around! What type of leather did you use for the saddle?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mike K.
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling