Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Shimagnolo Di2

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Shimagnolo Di2

Postby Boonen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:28 pm

pritchet74 wrote:But I won't be jumping on Campy Electric any time soon.

It won't be available in the next few weeks anyway so you'll have plenty of time to change your mind :grin:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Good point.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby slisk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Boonen wrote:
pritchet74 wrote:But I won't be jumping on Campy Electric any time soon.

It won't be available in the next few weeks anyway so you'll have plenty of time to change your mind :grin:

...and once I retrofit my Ruegamer Zen Ti with Electro Record and some top quality Jason prepared wheels that "any time soon" might just happen a bit quicker for ya. :xBanana5:
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Funny how that happens, isn't it?
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby jever98 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Alfton on the German light bikes forum posted a link to these buttons. Look frigging awesome for an application on the handlebar, or even the shifters. Unfortunately the link is only in German.
jever98
Cat 5

Postby skimons » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:47 pm

i think these are rather big (20X35 mm), but look fancy. i'm working on a handlebar integrated set. but this will take some weeks, pictures will be posted though.
skimons
Cat 4

Postby jever98 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Waking up an old thread: can someone help me figure out how large the cateye remote buttons are? I am looking for buttons to mount on TT handlebar brake levers, but cannot find information on how large they are.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Best
Jever
jever98
Cat 5

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

They would fit anywhere well. Each button is about 5mm in diameter and perhaps 2mm thick. They could go anywhere.

The only downside is figuring out how to wire them properly. The end of the cable has a rectangular plastic "box" with 3 terminals. You can just solder your wires to each terminal, or you can chop off the box and connect the wires individually. Right now I have mine going to the terminals on the box. On the 1st pair of buttons I was playing with I cut off the box, but found that 2 of the wires were individually insulated, but the 3rd wire (the common negative, I assume) was just loose strands. I didn't want to mess with that at the time, so I have those buttons sitting in a drawer right now.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby jever98 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks Pritchet!

When you say 5mm diameter, are you referring to the small raised area, or the outer circle? (see this pic for reference: Image) I'm asking because someone somewhere on the web spoke of half an inch diameter, so about 1.3cm.

IF they are only half a cm I can think of a great way of putting them on the front of the brake body :). Very excited!
jever98
Cat 5

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Wow, I guess my red wine last night was skewing my perception of millimeters. The whole thing is ~1/2" in diameter. I will be at my office later today (where my bike is) and I will get exact measurements for you.
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mzagorski » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:51 am

Jeff - Sounds like you need to switch your dishwashing detergent so that your hands are less "fairy-soft" :P
mzagorski
Cat 3

Previous

Return to General cycling