Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Cervélo aero post tuning

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: Cervélo aero post tuning

Postby ... » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 pm

No problem ;) I will post some new photos as soon as I finish the cradle - it will be for sure a SUB 8g cradle and even more improved. Will keep you updated!
H a n d m a d e I n S l o v e n i a
Cat 1

Postby Soloist Assassin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:15 am

... wrote:No problem ;) I will post some new photos as soon as I finish the cradle - it will be for sure a SUB 8g cradle and even more improved. Will keep you updated!

Can't wait to see it. I'm gonna get a new Carbon Toupe, and save a bunch more weight with that. It's gonna be awesome. I already replaced the upper parts with these i got off ebay, this is with home depot hardware ti hardware would save even more.

this is without hardware, I plan to replace the hardware with ti, eventually. :
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby ... » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Here it is - "Berk Cervelo Carbon Cradle" :grin:

This time just 7.8g

Cat 1

Postby Soloist Assassin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 pm

That is awesome. I like how you shaved the sides down on the outer edges on this one. Looks really great, can't wait to fix it to my bike.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby Soloist Assassin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:18 pm

I just got my cradle yesterday. I can't believe it made it here so fast, being shipped out Monday. I got 20k in on it last night, and doing 100k tomorrow. I am sure it will hold up. It's a nice quality piece. I'll upload some pics soon, been real busy at work. Thanks again Jure.
Soloist Assassin
Cat 2

Postby ... » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Soloist Assassin wrote:I just got my cradle yesterday. I can't believe it made it here so fast, being shipped out Monday. I got 20k in on it last night, and doing 100k tomorrow. I am sure it will hold up. It's a nice quality piece. I'll upload some pics soon, been real busy at work. Thanks again Jure.

No problem! I'm really glad to hear that you already received it (the cradle for BMANX was on a quiet long trip :lol:...).

Soon I will end with the racing season and during the "winter time" I can make more of them (if anywho is interested just write me a PM)

Please keep us updated about the condition of the cradle :wink:
Cat 1

Postby Mike K. » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Yes "the cradle will rock." :)
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby RJK8 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:15 am

Got my Berk Cervelo Carbon Cradle today along with KCNC yokes. Cradle was 7.4 g :shock: , not sure about the yokes, couldn't wait to get them fixed on my bike. All bolted on and solid, had to use the original Cervelo bolts for now until I can find something similar in Ti. Here is what you really want to see.
RJK8
Cat 4

Postby pritchet74 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:30 am

Nice!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby ... » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm really very glad that you like it :thumbUp:
Cat 1

Postby RJK8 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:51 am

1st ride this morning only about 30K but seatpost felt smooth on the bumps and no issues at all. 91 kilos on the scale for me this morning, so I would say the Berk cradle is up to the task. Jure, you ever think about making brakes? R.J.
RJK8
Cat 4

Postby ... » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Great :thumbUp:

RJK8 wrote: Jure, you ever think about making brakes? R.J.

Not really...
I really could try to make a mould for it and at least try to make it...why not :mrgreen:. The only problem is the free time...I don't have to rush, but anyway, I just can't wait to start some new projects.

I already made more than 7h cycling with my latest product (integrated seat&seatpost 112g) and everything went perfect. It was an attempt of making a really light product without risking anything on the structure... That inspires me to make a frame with my new method of making extreme light tubes... So why not try to make my own ultra-light bike? Lets say that this should be my hobby for the next year :grin:
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Sounds like a plan :wink:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby RJK8 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:48 pm

50K today on the cradle, no issues. I am pretty sure it is a little more comfortable than the Cervelo pig iron. Not to mention about 20g lighter. Awesome work Jure.
RJK8
Cat 4

Postby ... » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks!! Thank you also for the updates :cheers:
Cat 1

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling