Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Camp record rear derailleur tuning

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby FelixOr » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:49 pm

thanks for all the nice comments again. This keeps me motivated and makes me think of more tuning posibilities.

It's great to get so many tipps on polishing, but unfortunately today my Dremel went nuts, so i have to stop working on the finish for some days.

Anyways, i installed the derailleur today, and it still works great!
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby benoît » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:51 am

It's a very good work! 8)
Wind is hard!!!
benoît
Cat 4

Postby The Remery » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:04 am

Felix...how well did your rear mech last??
Was there anything that you restandardised?
peace and happiness :)
The Remery
Cat 2

Postby FelixOr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 am

The Remery wrote:Felix...how well did your rear mech last??
Was there anything that you restandardised?

It still works flawlessly :)
Nothing has been changed been then and I'm totally happy with its functionality.
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby The Remery » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:57 am

very cool..well done!
Can you post a pic of it mounted please Felix?....I'm pretty seriously considering having a good go at mine.
By the way...what was your final weight for it?
-Geoff
peace and happiness :)
The Remery
Cat 2

Postby FelixOr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:06 pm

The Remery wrote:very cool..well done!
Can you post a pic of it mounted please Felix?....I'm pretty seriously considering having a good go at mine.
By the way...what was your final weight for it?
-Geoff

of course :)

FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby fred » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:22 pm

As I said a couple of days ago, I like your style ! What's the current weight now?
BTW: Is it useful to "tune" a Sram RED derailleur?
fred
Cat 2

Postby FelixOr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:38 pm

fred wrote:As I said a couple of days ago, I like your style ! What's the current weight now?
BTW: Is it useful to "tune" a Sram RED derailleur?

Thanks Fred! Current weight is 5.87 kg.
I'm not sure about the RED-tuning. If the bolts aren't aluminium ones already, you can of course change them, but I am not sure, if there's major tuning-potential in a RED derailleur.
You can contact the use Dark_Albert. I think he's got some experience with tuning SRAM derailleurs.
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby fred » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Thx ! :wink:
fred
Cat 2

Postby Roy Batty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:04 am

Fantastic looking bike Felix. You're a man after my own heart. De-decalised. Assume the frame is a Scott judging by the seat tube/top tube join, Look HSC 5 fork. LW's look like mine (no decals and black spokes). Is the chainset a Zipp?

This thread has certainly been an inspiration. I'm back in the UK in just under 3 weeks, so that nice Fibre-Lyte chappie can provide me with the jockey wheels and rear mech plate. Also, does anyone do a standard full set of bolts that will make it even lighter?

KB
Roy Batty
Cat 2

Postby FelixOr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks man! :cheers:
Sharp eyes; it's a CR1 frame with HSC5 forks and the spokes are painted black, too. Chainset is a sanded and repainted Record UT.

I'm sure you are going to like the Fibre-Lyte parts. Just make sure there's enough clearance between the LW spokes and the mech-plate (clearance issues occured on some frames).
Bolts you can buy from Toronto-Cycles (eBay). They offer everything you need for good prices.

Felix
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby Roy Batty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Felix - How did you get the rear mech all black? Also, by sanding down the chainset, does it get rid of the carbon weave on it? 8)
Roy Batty
Cat 2

Postby FelixOr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:12 pm

The derailleur has only been painted. I wanted to either have it anodized or powdercoated, but honestly, for me it wasn't worth the effort. The paint holds up quite well so far. :bluesbrothers:

Concerning the cranks, check out this topic: http://www.fairwheelbikes.com/forum/vie ... highlight=
Some didn't like the result... they said, I made the crankarms look like cheap aluminium ones. However, I think they turned out to be very nice!
FelixOr
O-C-D WW

Postby Roy Batty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I call it the 'Rasmus Syndrome'. Well cool 8)
Roy Batty
Cat 2

Re: Camp record rear derailleur tuning

Postby Damo_Rider » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:09 pm

I know this is a very old thread but what did you use to drill out the RD? I am starting to tune mine and when I saw this one it inspired me to not just settle with jockey wheel change and rear plate... :idea:
Damo_Rider
Cat 4

Previous

Return to General cycling