Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

MTB hubs

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

MTB hubs

Postby crossracer1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:12 am

So am looking for a rear MTB hub that has good flange spacing. I bought Alchemy hubs for my road bike and love them. I have a lefty so will probably go with project 321 unless anybody knows of better front hubs? The rear hub is my real question though as I am not sure what the best rear hub would be. I am racing and riding for fun. weigh 220. thanks
crossracer1
Cyclotourist

Re: MTB hubs

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:29 am

It's really hard to just recommend a MTB hub, as it could be used for anything from XC to downhill racing.

Also, do you need just a QR hub, X-12 or what it's called or a through axle?

For the front, I couldn't tell if they're better or not since I don't know the project 321 hubs, but the Tune Cannonball and Cannonball SL lefty hubs are both very nice and lighter. If you want matching hubs, that's probably what I'd do.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling