Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Manitou black air spv 2005

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Manitou black air spv 2005

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:05 pm

A friend of mine has these forks on his Ghost mountain bike. However, they're playing up a bit and apparently need a new 'seal kit'? He's been to all the local bike shops who have all told him that the forks are obsolete and the repair kits are no longer available which is a bit of a pain when the forks are GBP300 worth and only three years old! Does anyone have any ideas where/if he can still get a repair kit from? :D
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ypsylon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:37 pm

here?

Who in the world would pay GBP300 for that fork, though? There are way nicer ones out there. :wink:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Thanks for the link Andy :wink:

I'm sure that the forks came as standard when he bought the Ghost mtb.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ypsylon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 pm

I sure hope so. :grin:

It's a decent fork that comes (or came) in quite a few OEM speced bikes that had a good value. Why anyone would pay GBP 300 for the fork alone is beyond me, but I don't think anybody ever did. I'm not sure that's the price they're actually asking either. Sometimes items seem funnily priced when you look at MSRP.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Re: Manitou black air spv 2005

Postby gomez000123 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 am

It's a decent fork that comes (or came) in quite a few OEM speced bikes that had a good value. Why anyone would pay GBP 300 for the fork alone is beyond me, but I don't think anybody ever did.
Gomez
gomez000123
Cyclotourist

Re: Manitou black air spv 2005

Postby Ypsylon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:18 am

Gomez, from the post directly above yours, seriously?

You're the worst spam bot we've had here in a long time.

What you say makes ton of sense, though. :grin:

At some point his post will change into a bunch of links, should someone sees that, please report the post.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Return to General cycling