Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

What a ride...

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

What a ride...

Postby mdeth1313 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:36 pm

I went out this morning for a nice relaxing ride. Tried out a few new roads and ended up at a dead end. Well, actually the beginning of trails for a conservation area. Since I had my clinchers on w/ 25mm tires, I decided to try out the gravel road for motor vehicles. That was fine, until, with no prior warning, it turned into a snowmobile route. Nothing like doing 5 miles of technical off road crap on a scott addict sl! All hail my 34/26 which allowed me to stay on my bike almost the entire way. I don't need no stinkin' mountain bike! You should've seen the faces on the group of mtb'ers when I emerged at the end of the trail. "Piece of cake" was all I said as I continued on! :applause:
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: What a ride...

Postby j0m » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:46 pm

I've done something similar on the Storck with Veloflex Carbons. :D From looking at Google Maps I thought that I had found a new paved road connecting some of my usual routes. It turned out to be paved for quite a bit and then gravel and after that some trail used by machines cutting down the forest. All roots, mud, and water. Both me and the bike survived but I haven't tried it again.
j0m
The Big Brain

Return to General cycling