Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Tour de France

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Tour de France

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:16 pm

One of the best days in cycling history for residents of our small island. Couldn't have happened to a nicer man as well, or bunch of men for that matter. Looking forward to the Olympics now, it must be going to be a really good year in the UK for cycling, our UK forums are starting to report better road manners from car drivers, all down to Bradley Wiggins! :D
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Re: Tour de France

Postby neilhernandez64 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 am

when will be the olympics will be started..
neilhernandez64
Cyclotourist

Postby dalai » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:52 am

Best rider and especially team won this year. Did make the tour a little boring ala the US Postal years controlling the race, but can't fault them for taking this proven approach.

Disappointed that some Australians were attacking Porte and Rogers online for just doing their job!
dalai
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:44 am

We had Germans calling Jens Voigt nasty stuff when he was working for Basso, and as a side-effect Armstrong, chasing Jan Ullrich. The concept of Teams seems to be a little confusing to some.

It really looks like every single SKY rider nailed his form this year. EBH was very impressive.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

I'm also rather intrigued on the possibilities for next year.

Both Sky and Liquigas had yellow and green jersey contenders. Kind of reminded me of the days Ullrich and Zabel, except one team went GC and the other points. Have to see who ends up where after this season.

I also wanted to see how Garmin would fare - even if they didn't have all the crashes I don't think they could've given enough support in the mountains.

A few folks by me were asking why Evans should be able to come back as the leader after Van Garderen did "better". Typical non-cycling folks. Explaining that one was fun.

Overall I enjoyed watching this year's version. Not as much as last year, but it was still exciting to see who would take the stages each day (and watching Voeckler).
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Ya, having Garmin lose Danielson and Ryder was a huge hit to the team. I don't think that Rder could have dislodged Sky, but he might have been 3rd. Maybe next year!

At this point I am actually excited to see the Vuelta for the first time ever.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Ypsylon wrote:It really looks like every single SKY rider nailed his form this year. EBH was very impressive.

Very true. I may be wrong on this but I also think that the riders all appreciate what they are doing for each other and are all working as a team should. I did like a comment from Bradley Wiggins when back in the UK. He said that he expected to just come home and everything be back to normal, walk the dog, read a newspaper, regular family life. He seemed genuinely surprised that people were stopping him in the streets every five minutes congratulating him. It's even more strange that just last year I was stood near him in a local village ready for his start in the national 10 mile tt champs. Now he's a UK legend. What a year!
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Return to General cycling