Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Fairwheel Sanremo Speedsuit

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Fairwheel Sanremo Speedsuit

Postby Ypsylon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 am

I've been bugging Jason every single day about making a Fairwheel Sanremo Speedsuit for the last two months, but for some reason he seems to think that there's not gonna be that many people who want a kit with a MSRP of $350.

I still want one. The thought of having no bib straps cutting into your shoulders and not having the stuff in your pockets swing around if you climb out of the saddle with your jersey unzipped and still being able to take a leak is just too tempting to just give up now.

You lose the weight of the straps, so it's lighter, it's more aero (free speed, Jeff!), heck, considering the body paint bib and the aero race jersey that compose the Sanremo suit cost $250 and $160 respectively, it's even a good deal. You'll need a bib and jersey anyways. And going by those prices there appears to be at least a little room for a discount.

For those that don't know it, this is what it looks like:

Review here

The only real problem is that I didn't make it into Team Garmin and so won't wear their kit and the regular Sanremo suit just looks awful.

I suppose having a size L bib and size M jersey wouldn't be completely out of the question either.

Those that would at least consider thinking about wearing a very fine piece of kit while riding their bike, please let me know here, so that I can convince Jason to at least look into pricing and stuff. The minimum order isn't all that high either, so it's not like this would be impossible.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Re: Fairwheel Sanremo Speedsuit

Postby pritchet74 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:42 pm

I would get one if he had them made
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Return to General cycling