Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Lance

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Lance

Postby slisk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:53 pm

He he was able to get past Novitzky. Is that all or will UCI and WADA kept chasing the rainbow? I'm a little sick of the whole thing...and how much taxpayer cash has been blown?
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Re: Lance

Postby Jeffr » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:11 pm

I think it's important to keep in mind that novitzky was not necessarily after lance for personal doping violations but rather a larger criminal enterprise. One that could've potentially implicated biomedical companies illegal sales or distribution of dangerous and controlled products. The us government has every reason to pursue these types of offenses. It may be that they just heard stories of lance doping and couldn't find a greater conspiracy so they dropped it. Remember in the balco scandal the athletes were incidental to the real purpose of the investigation. This is very much what the FDA's investigative budget is for.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Postby über-goober » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:45 am

This is neither here nor there.. but there was an interesting tidbit in Floyd's interview mentioning how USPS allegedly paid for this alleged hot sauce in the alleged white lunch bags.

Talk of a 'slush fund' using $$ from auctioning off all the retired Postal bikes -- Floyd said he was shocked not to have a bike when he joined the team and that bikes were scarce at certain times.

I saved this page from back then:
Lance_trek_auction.jpg

Anyway my point is this: EPO, HGH, testosterone, CERA, corticoids and nesp is ..a helluva drug.
the problem? could be the nut behind the handlebars.
über-goober
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 am

I have to smile about all this. Whether he's guilty or not, I love the fact that few people seem to be in the grey area. They either think he's a cheat or think he's the greatest cyclist ever. There was a thread on a uk forum that said he'd just come second in the Panama half ironman triathlon. I think within the first five posts someone had asked....was he tested :grin:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby slisk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:41 am

Good point. I've always been one who liked to watch him ride and win. Doesn't matter to me if they catch him doping or not as I also feel everyone at the top back then was also on the juice.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm taking this thread a bit off topic with the doping issue, but my mother (as a non-cyclist) asked me a very interesting question the other day as she was watching the world track championships in London. The commentator mentioned that Gregory Bauge has been stripped of his world title due to 'infringements' then the commentator mentioned about the one person per country entry in the Olympic track events. My mother immediately asked how it is that a 'system' can prevent the Olympic champion and World champion (Chris Hoy/Jason Kenny) competing in the Olympics when they have both qualified, yet a rider who has been banned due to 'infringements' will be competing. I had to agree with her, for me the Olympics has to be about the best of the best competing. If you qualify you're in, end of story!

.....and I'll try not to get started on the previously banned athletes from other countries possibly competing in the Olympics, when our own athlete can't. One rule for all.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Return to General cycling