Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The BBQ Thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: The BBQ Thread

Postby Juanmoretime » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:59 am

pritchet74 wrote:I think you should send me some of that sauce. :wink:

I could do that! :wink:
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby Gumgardner » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:53 pm

I place the ribs on a cedar plank inside of the grille and smoke them. Delicious. :xBanana5:
Gumgardner
Cat 2

Postby pritchet74 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I cooked ribs for my wife's birthday dinner earlier this week. It was a bit of a process, as it is every summer when I do ribs for the first time. I always forget to do something, but it got sorted out. :wink:

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby 4kicks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Barbecuing for work, 15 Belgian grocers vacationing at my place...whay you dont see is the two whole suckling pigs in the wood oven behind me.
Hope you like the pinnie...
"only two things are infinite; the Universe, and Human Stupidity- and I´m not so sure about the former" Albert Einstein
4kicks
Cat 3

Postby j0m » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Looking good. :thumbUp:
As for ribs, I sometimes make something nice of them but not on the BBQ. I trust American friends to provide me with that. :D

Simple but good kebabs (I guess you call them that but my BBQ English is even worse than my cycling English). Nice cut of beef, some spicy sausage, small onions, peppers of various kinds, and halloumi cheese. I thought I had some picture somewhere but I can't find it right now.

I suspect that the BBQ season is coming to an end soon here, so why don't you guys add something interesting to the recipe thread. As for bike stuff I already have firm plans so there's no need to discuss that. :D
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby mdeth1313 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 am

pritchet74 wrote:So, I have a feeling that other people on this forum are lovin' the Summer BBQ. I cooked up these couple of chickens tonight. Both beer can style.

Post up yet BBQ pics - I am hopin' to get some fresh ideas for the Summer from y'all!

Wait a minute, I think I know (knew) those 2! You killed Edwin and Irma - how could you! Still they look good- good enough to eat perhaps!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby Boonen » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:22 am

j0m wrote:I suspect that the BBQ season is coming to an end soon here ...

As long as you can get outside, you can grill all year around! :D

Some tasty looking food guys, makes me all hungry! lol :yummy:
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby stumpytrunks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:05 am

I've just discovered that chili-lime mayo goes brilliantly with the peri peri chicken on the barbie. Sensational stuff! I'm curious as to the different cooking styles around. We use either lit wood and paper under a grate/plate or a gas fired bbq. I've heard that in the UK/USA people just put lighter fluid over hot rocks. Is that true, I can' quite get my head around that!!!
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Previous

Return to General cycling