Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

summer is coming!

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

summer is coming!

Postby mdeth1313 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Not quite there yet, but I just pulled this in from the garden- the sad thing is it's been wet so I had to throw about the same amount of strawberries into the woods because they were not edible (by humans anyway). Tomato plants are flowering (and if you've never eaten san marzano tomatoes you don't know what you're missing), lettuce is ready to be picked and everything else is on its way!
Attachments
strawberries.jpg
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: summer is coming!

Postby Boonen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Not bad!
If you put straw around the plants the berries won't get so wet and also there'll be less dirt on them ...
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Re: summer is coming!

Postby dalai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:14 am

Summer for some... For others this weekend marks the official start to the ski season and winter.

Taken yesterday on Mt Donna Buang.

This is the closest snow play area to Melbourne and the best and longest climb close to Melbourne at 16.8km long and 6.4% average. I've been driving out there regularly over the last couple of months and riding repeats (three again yesterday) in preparations for a month in the French Alps in just over 9 weeks. :D
dalai
Cat 1

Return to General cycling