Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

paypal was hacked

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

paypal was hacked

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:06 pm

So I got up this morning and when I checked my emails, I found two transactions where apparently I sent almost $300 to two accounts overseas. I filed a dispute w/ paypal, then called in a half-day at work. Went to the bank and the transfer hadn't come through yet, so they issued a stop payment for me and blocked paypal from accessing my bank account. Then I went to work and proceeded to change all my passwords.

Went through my computer and found a couple of suspicious processes, which I got rid of. Still trying to figure out how they got there. At least I got to keep my money!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: paypal was hacked

Postby pritchet74 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:13 am

Holy crap. That's just crazy! Good thing that you realized it before it was too late.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: paypal was hacked

Postby mdeth1313 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 am

yeah,
that's about as far as they could go because all the other accounts ask those extra security questions randomly and we have that freeze on the credit reports. any attempt to open anything in our names gets stopped at the credit check and they have to call our home number and they ask questions off the credit report to verify (which also keeps you from opening those stupid store credit cards on the spot!)
for me the best part is I bet them to the bank so they get absolutely nothing!
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Return to General cycling