Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The recipe thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Re: The recipe thread

Postby FAQinc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Ahh good old Mustard like Tabasco is the best tasteless food masking agent out there :)

I also agree about corn dogs but have tried worse things it included parts of sheep in broth some Bulgarian recipes are really strange some are fantastic but like every country there have to be exceptions.
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby Boonen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:19 pm

FAQinc wrote:Ahh good old Mustard like Tabasco is the best tasteless food masking agent out there :)

I think I'll have to get some of that then :lol: Don't think I have any recipes to share. I do know quite a few good restaurants though, which is probably a sign that I should take notes here :lol:

I have to say the deep fried snickers sound quite good, wouldn't mind trying one of those one day. Must be calorie bombs! If you ever see deep fried ice on a restaurant menu give it a try, makes for a very special and tasty desert!
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Postby slisk » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 pm

FAQinc wrote:Ahh good old Mustard like Tabasco is the best tasteless food masking agent out there :)

Now you are killing me! Tabasco is a food group in my world.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby Matteo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:32 am

I like this chickpea-spinach dish. And since I am not the greatest cook on the planet I always appreciate simple recipes - enter The Minimalist. These are just the top 25, you can probably find a lot more.
Matteo
Cat 3

Postby Mike K. » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Been doing pork loin cutlets lately. Inexpensive lean protein. Scramble one egg. Dip cutlets in egg. Bread with seasoned oat bran. Pan fry medium in olive oil. 10 mins or less from stove to table.

(Slisk. Love that Cajun stuff. How bout Prudhomme as a Team cook:
9780688028473.jpg
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby dunlinii » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Mike that sounds good. Got tomorows supper sorted :wink:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Mike K. » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Dunlinii-enjoy! Oh,sorry, most important for speed- cutlets should be "thin cut."
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby j0m » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 pm

My trip to the grocery store got canceled today so I had to improvise.

A bunch of small onions.
A bit of garlic.
A bunch of carrots.
Chicken.
Spicy sausage.
Some butter.
Fry for a while.
Lower the heat.
Add some water, milk, and honey.
Let it cook.

I served the above with brown rice and some fresh vegetables (the kids don't eat cooked vegetables) and it turned out really well. Perhaps not the most exciting dish but it was nice and was invented today. :D
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby FAQinc » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:37 am

@Jom makeshift dishes are always the best!

A recent creation that's dead simple and quick to make: 2-3 carrots 1 beetroot 1/2 lemon

peel then grate the carrots and beetroot into a bowl squeeze the lemon ad a dash of olive oil and salt and done.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby Mike K. » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 pm

jOm, FAQinc-you are both very resourceful cooks!

Baked sweet potato fries for one: one large sweet potato, slice length wise into 1/4 inch pieces, lay slices flat and cut into multiple strips 1/4 inch thick. Coat baking pan with olive oil, coat top of fries. Sprinkle on some cinnamon and bake at 375 degrees for approx 20 mins.
Mike K.
Cat 1

Postby Ypsylon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Not really a cook, but I made these a couple of times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UiuqIWGe_s

j0m, have you ever made flygande Jakob?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

Postby j0m » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm

:lol:
"Flygande jacob" was a very popular dish in the 80's. I've never been a fan, but I actually think I made it once. Taste is OK but if you are to eat fat, salt, and some more fat and salt it better be damned good. How did you run into it? Found a link in English for those interested:
http://tummyrumble.hultberg.org/2005/11 ... ring_.html

My favorite barbecue sauce:
roast two red peppers and two unpeeled garlic cloves. Split the peppers in half and put some oil on. High temperature in the owen or on the barbecue. Takes about 10 minutes at 250C. The skin should get rather black but you don't want the peppers to go all dry. Put the the peppers in a bowl and put a cover on top. Let them sweat until they are cool enough to peel. Peel the garlic too. Mix. Add some salt and a bit of nice red vinegar or perhaps some (fake) balsamic vinegar. For something slightly different add some sour cream.

While not quite as good as the above this one is made in 5 minutes. Mix a few peppers and some sugar snaps. Get rid of the excess liquid. Add sour cream and salt.
j0m
The Big Brain

Postby dunlinii » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Lets be honest though, the best barbecue sauce comes in a bottle from HP :grin:
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby FAQinc » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsvhaY3t2Y

After the making of this video the crew was taken to hospital with suspected multiple heart attacks.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby Ypsylon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:37 pm

If an Aussie could write down the ingredients, that would be awesome. Can't understand a freaking word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo7JSdQN3Vw
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.
Ypsylon
Herr Pfennig

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling