Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

The recipe thread

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

The recipe thread

Postby stumpytrunks » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 am

As cyclists there is one thing we know how to do...eat! I find I get stuck in a bit of a rut cooking the same stuff over and over and figured a few of you might be the same. Considering how wide of a demographic we've got, not only in the USA, but the world, I figured it would be an interesting idea for people to post a recipe or two.

One of my favourites is flat roast chicken. By cutting the backbone and flattening the chicken it cuts cooking time drastically. As they say on the infomercials "a nutritious meal in minutes!" http://today.ninemsn.com.au/foodandwine ... ed-chicken

putting the oil, salt and pepper on before the other ingredients makes it better too, as you can really rub them in and get some more flavour.
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Re: The recipe thread

Postby dunlinii » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 pm

I hate to say it but I am the worst eater in the world in terms of variety. I never got over vegetables as a kid, so I mostly just eat variations on pasta and chicken/bacon/turkey....My sister has a great cookbook though from the Australian Institute of Sport for her rowing, I'll try and get the name.
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:22 am

I'm a big fan of Venison, which I hadn't realised until going on holiday that it's extremely popular in New Zealand as well as over here. However, one of my favourite all time snacks is Canarian potatoes.
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby dunlinii » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Looks good. Simple and full of carbs!!
Being a Pirate should be considered a Manly job because pirates get two types of booty.
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby slisk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:06 am

I'm guessing that this is for heathy cycling recipes...none of which I usually make. If someone wants a few of my all time favorites (loaded in calories, carbs, and fat) then I'll provide a link or two.
I buy everything that JMT lists on this site.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby stumpytrunks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Got to have a bit of balance in there Slisk, go crazy! As long as it's not deep fried turducken then we'll be fine :lol:
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby dunlinii » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 pm

They do a deep fried mars bar in scotland...how much don't you want that?
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 am

Don't knock it until you've tried it. They do them around here as well, in fact I'm not convinced they originated in Scotland as wiki states :?

Slisk, high carb, high calorie I love. Never been a fan of fat though :|

Just for the record, I wasn't intentionally being healthy with the Venison, although it is supposed to be a very lean meat. However, Canarian potatoes are VERY high in salt, not good at all :twisted:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby slisk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:51 am

dunlinii wrote:They do a deep fried mars bar in scotland...how much don't you want that?

I bet that would go great with three fingers of The Macallan.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby slisk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:54 am

stumpytrunks wrote:Got to have a bit of balance in there Slisk, go crazy! As long as it's not deep fried turducken then we'll be fine :lol:

How did you know that I was thinking Cajun food? I actually believe that a deep fried turducken might be lower in fat and calories then the following recipe, however, at my annual Dhahran Hills Coonass Kitchen Classic party (Feb. 17 is the 4th one) this recipe gets more compiments than any other. Enjoy!

http://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=300&view=425
slisk
Grand Tourer

Postby stumpytrunks » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 am

It's a recipe for cheese :lol: Sounds like a good one for summer with a mexican beer.
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Postby dunlinii » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:Don't knock it until you've tried it. They do them around here as well, in fact I'm not convinced they originated in Scotland as wiki states :?

Have you!? I don't know where they came from, I just remember seeing a TV program that showed them been made in Scotland...
dunlinii
Cat 1

Postby FAQinc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 am

A friend of mine from Aberdeen has spoken of these mythical fried delights I think Snickers was mentioned as well :)
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 am

Yes, you'd be right, snickers is another one although they were deep fried 'marathons' in their time. It's going back a bit, but I'm sure they had deep fried twix as well. A chippy around 10 mins away from me used to do them. I have feeling that they still do but haven't been there for a while.

Tbh, the worst food I've ever tried was corn dogs. I know they're popular in the US, but I think they're awful!
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby slisk » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:17 am

What! No corn dogs for you? Try it with mustard.
slisk
Grand Tourer

Next

Return to General cycling