Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Stupidity on the bike fit.

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Stupidity on the bike fit.

Postby mdeth1313 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:56 pm

I've been having problems with my right leg- trying everything from a "self-fit", which had pretty good results, but was not perfect- still have foot issues, to a podiatrist and custom orthotics and switching shoes. All kinds of stuff.

Thinking back to when the issues started (developed slowly over time), I was originally using speedplay x pedals, then m2racer and then time pedals. I decided to try going back to speedplay x pedals (m2 is no longer an option), even though I had a year w/ no issues on the time pedals. As I was switching out the time pedals to a pair of speedplays, it smacked me in the face like a big ass brick of stupidity.

The cranks.

I was using fsa k-force lite cranks and they come with pedal washers. I switched to lightning cranks which have recessed pedal inserts and do not come with pedal washers (and I didn't think to use the old ones) and I believe the q-factor is different (although I haven't checked). So, I scored some pedal washers and set the speedplay cleats as close to the inside of the shoe as possible. I've only gotten one ride in on them so far, so I'm waiting to see what happens-

:idea:
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: Stupidity on the bike fit.

Postby Jeffr » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:23 pm

You didn't explain what the problem was. Where is the pain?

I just recently found out that my right knee was moving quite a lot as I pedaled and my ankle wasn't coming in square to the pedal axle. About 2mm of shims and my knee is going straight up and down now.
Jeffr
The Man in Black

Return to General cycling