Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

"Everybody has their own Ventoux"

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby cadence90 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:13 am

Ripley,
I am so sorry to read this.
I have had my own scary health problems recently, but I expect to be OK.
I truly wish for the same for you. My thoughts are with you.

You and I have had some funny exchanges and you have a great sense of humor: let that guide you, let your doctors do their job, and try (hard as it is) to not let stress get to you.

I offer you my very best wishes, my friend.

cheers.
:angel:
"Gimondi e' un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri
cadence90
A man of wealth and taste

Postby Ripley451 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:12 am

Thanks guys.

I'll try and do as much as I can to assist the medical side of things. My big hope is that the condition is not too advanced, although experts say that by the time symptoms become noticeable you've already lost 75-80% of the blood vessels in the pulmonary artery/lungs.
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby alienator » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:53 pm

PRAISE BE TO THE GODS OF TARTAR SAUCE!!!! :kneel: :party: :cheers: :headbang: :rock: :headbang: :rock: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Attachments
Fish's Best Friend.JPG
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Nicolai » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:48 pm

Ripley451 wrote:Thanks guys.

I'll try and do as much as I can to assist the medical side of things. My big hope is that the condition is not too advanced, although experts say that by the time symptoms become noticeable you've already lost 75-80% of the blood vessels in the pulmonary artery/lungs.

Man, that sucks. Does that mean that you've gotta quit smoking and eating fish 'n chips with extra mayo, vinegar & salt?

But like Robin so adeptly said, if you ever, for even one moment, feel like quitting, he'll kill you. I promise that I will kill you too. And that is not a piece of Torte, being killed twice, let me tell you.

I heard that being killed twice happened to one guy, and he was quite pissed about... :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Ripley451 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:06 pm

Extra mayo? Since when has England been part of Belgium or France? :dunno: Chips should not be sullied with any other condiments barring salt and vinegar! :maul:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Ripley451 wrote:Extra mayo? Since when has England been part of Belgium or France? :dunno: Chips should not be sullied with any other condiments barring salt and vinegar! :maul:

Someone took the bait, eh? :grin: Yet, I agree, well not geographically, but I guess that it was in Halifax, where I got F 'n C served with inadeptly tartar sauce named, eh, mayo :puke:

PS: Those low-lifes who serve non-brewed condiment as accompaniments, should be left out and placed in the stocks. :shock:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Ripley451 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Nicolai wrote:Someone took the bait, eh? :grin: Yet, I agree, well not geographically, but I guess that it was in Halifax, where I got F 'n C served with inadeptly tartar sauce named, eh, mayo :puke:

:stop:

Firstly, you do realise that in our glorious history we've gone to war over less inflamatory comments and that doesn't include some of the things that resulted in people being sent to the colonies! (it's even worse than suggesting that we bolt gritstone crags!!!) :hammer:

And wtf were you doing in Halifax? :roll:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby KF » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 am

LJ wrote:Well mate, we are all with you. If you need anything at all then just let us know. Keep us posted on your progress.

As for the tummy tuck, just let those doctors do one thing at a time :wink:

I'm just a car ride away if you do need anything.

Im with LJ here... As for the Car ride... I guess it's a bit long...

Sad to hear about the diagnosis, but happy too see that you are still positive. Chin up dude, and keep that mood as high as the hills you climb.. (God, that sounded cheesy, but you know what I mean!)
//KF

I love carbon bits, and I can not lie! You other brothers can't deny, when a bike comes in with alot of carbon bits and some cool wheels in your face, you get sprung!
KF
Cat 1

Postby Ripley451 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:37 am

:positive:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:55 pm

Ripley451 wrote:Extra mayo? Since when has England been part of Belgium or France? :dunno: Chips should not be sullied with any other condiments barring salt and vinegar! :maul:

I'll second that!! "Extra Mayo"....b****y heathens :lol:

By the way, England has been the 51st state of Belgium since we invented the European Courts :(
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby alienator » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:

I'll second that!! "Extra Mayo"....b****y heathens :lol:

By the way, England has been the 51st state of Belgium since we invented the European Courts :(

Hey......I thought that given how smoochy Mr. Blair is toward GB Jr., that you guys were now officially a US protectorate.... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:27 pm

alienator wrote:Hey......I thought that given how smoochy Mr. Blair is toward GB Jr., that you guys were now officially a US protectorate.... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

"Our" Tony is hanging up his boots in the spring so he can go and relax on the golf course(or firing range :shock: ) with GBjr and we've got a Scottish 'tough guy' reputedly taking over who reckons he'll play tough with the US so the protection racket won't last long. Think we'd better start making friends with another superpower :lol:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby VENTOUX » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:39 am

All the best ripley, that is very hard news to accept, but stay positive and live life to the fullest. Times like these really teach one to appreciate all they've got.
VENTOUX
Cat 2

Postby alienator » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:55 am

Fibre-Lyte wrote:Think we'd better start making friends with another superpower :lol:

Great. I guess that means we'll have to come over there and liberate you.... :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

Postby Ripley451 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:15 am

alienator wrote:
Fibre-Lyte wrote:Think we'd better start making friends with another superpower :lol:

Great. I guess that means we'll have to come over there and liberate you.... :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

:'(
Ripley451
Night Watchman

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling