Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

"Everybody has their own Ventoux"

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Postby Ripley451 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 pm

But seeing as Mr B doesn't always have the best record at the range.......I'm sure the tracked vehicle could be fitted with a 105mm cannon, thus meaning I only need one shot to knock the targets down :twisted: thus OEB's skiing speed is negated :lol:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am

Good to hear things are progressing :D

Regarding the biathlon event, surely you can only be allowed to shoot the other competitors OR use a tracked vehicle. Having both is just plain greedy :twisted:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Ripley451 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:00 am

So I can't use this?
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Taniwha » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:09 am

Go for one of These. They're faster. :twisted:
Play with tigers, you get covered in yellow fur!
Taniwha
Cat 1

Postby Ripley451 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 am

But the usual NATO tests show my choice to be superior. Not only that, have you any idea of how I purchase a US and then get it over here? Fedex? Vickers is a local company for local people :lol:

It's armour is also better, it's vital that you minimise the risks from rifles used by other biathletes :roll:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Taniwha » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:28 am

You've got a couple of good points there in terms of "Buy Local", but getting the Abrams to you isn't a big deal as you're going to need a C5 Galaxy with either of them to get to the racing anyway.

At least that way you'll have the best "team bus". :lol:
Taniwha
Cat 1

Postby Ripley451 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:29 am

And the Challenger comes with a hot water boiler inside it :grin:
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Taniwha » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:51 am

I wouldn't expect anything less from a British product. :lol:
Taniwha
Cat 1

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:43 pm

Ripley451 wrote:And the Challenger comes with a hot water boiler inside it :grin:

Isn't that a cost option? :lol:

Could be other issues though. Latest reports have said that some biathletes have taken to carrying grenade launchers. I'm thinking speed rather than armour may be a good choice :? :lol:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby Nicolai » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:Could be other issues though. Latest reports have said that some biathletes have taken to carrying grenade launchers.

That is true, but there's no British biatheles. I mean no British biathletes left.

The Tommys were all killed in a afternoon competition at Holmenkollen Norway in 2002. :shock:

It was a shameful event, but how could the Brits had known, the brute participants of other countries don't respect the Tea Time seize fire. :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Ripley451 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:44 am

And coming from our Norwegian friends as well! :evil:

Well I've had a blood test today - no biathlons for me............my EPO (endogenous) level is sky high!
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Nicolai » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:51 am

Ripley451 wrote:And coming from our Norwegian friends as well! :evil:

Well I've had a blood test today - no biathlons for me............my EPO (endogenous) level is sky high!

As long as your blood is blue, no worries. Just watch out for those paparazzis. :roll:
Nicolai
"Dirtee Tailor"

Postby Ripley451 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:20 pm

I'll be watching out for Mercedes Benz' and drunk chauffeurs too :lol:

Had my first appointment in Sheffield yesterday :) Had a few tests carried out but will be going back in 4-6 weeks for more specialized one's including MRI, High-Res CT, CTPA, and a Right Heart Catheter to get accurate bp levels in....the right side of the heart.
Ripley451
Night Watchman

Postby Fibre-Lyte » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:49 pm

It's times like these that I bet you're glad to be British. All those tests look like a $20,000 bill in the US :? :lol:
Fibre-Lyte
Manufacturer

Postby alienator » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:03 pm

Fibre-Lyte wrote:It's times like these that I bet you're glad to be British. All those tests look like a $20,000 bill in the US :? :lol:

+ infinity to that. Over the course of mangled leg fixin', the Señor Bonecutter set me up with some external bone growth thingee. The cost, according to the company selling it was $3500, but since I didn't have insurance at the time, they only charged me $350. So how about that markup for insurance companies? :shock:

Lucky for us here, in the ol' US, the government policy is that only the very wealthy and the very poor deserve medical coverage. If you're on the financial edge, don't get at work, or are unlucky enough to have pre-existing conditions, the government believes that it's prolly better to let you die that way there's nothing to worry about any more and you won't be a burden on society.

Yup. We're an economic first world country with third world access to medical care.
alienator
Resident Trouble-Maker

PreviousNext

Return to General cycling