Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Best housings to use w/PowerCordz prime cables?

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Best housings to use w/PowerCordz prime cables?

Postby Fourthbook » Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Can anyone offer firsthand experience w/ housings that work with PowerCordz Prime cables better than the PC housing?

I love the idea of PowerCordz cables (color, light weight, don't stretch, etc.) but have had a struggle getting them installed properly (no room for error or re-dos given the limited # of blue grommets that come with the cables and the damage done to a cable when you tie it off), and it seems the PC housings are also very finicky (sensitive to bends and perhaps producing more drag/resistence/friction than other housings). Reading other forum threads on PowerCordz, I get the sense that people are successfully mixing/matching PC cables w/other housings like Nokon, Jagwire and I-Links. But I haven't found definitive results/experiences yet (if you know of other threads that provide such insight, please let me/us know).

I'd love to hear your experience w/ alternate housings used with PowerCordz Prime cables, whether for brakes or derailleurs, in the hope of gaining better performance while retaining the PC cable benefits.

Thanks,

John
Fourthbook
Cat 4

Re: Best housings to use w/PowerCordz prime cables?

Postby pritchet74 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 am

I used them with Nokons a couple of years ago. They worked great.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Re: Best housings to use w/PowerCordz prime cables?

Postby larry_ck » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

Used cordz with regular iLinks and not a problem .. I understand they are not suitable for mini iLinks
larry_ck
Cat 4

Return to General cycling