Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Let's play-- how much is this worth--

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Let's play-- how much is this worth--

Postby mdeth1313 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Out w/ the kids this morning and stopped by one of the bike shops - headed right for the clearance corner and found these-- the perfect beginning to my birthday project - building a tt bike. On the mornings I can't commute to work I can drive in and there's a 12-15 mile loop that's just straight and flat, it's time to stop screwing around and tinkering w/ an 11.5 lb roadbike I can commute on and time to play around w/ something else!

anyway-- 2 questions-

1. how much did I pay?
2. how much do you think they're worth? (FWIW) they were on an indoor "spin" bike so they're in really good condition (no, I'm not selling them). Salesperson told me "no returns" and I laughed and told him unloading them would not be an issue (he agreed).
Attachments
3t aura.jpg
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: Let's play-- how much is this worth--

Postby Juanmoretime » Mon May 21, 2012 9:31 am

I think the Aura's went for about $399 so I'm going to guess about $200? I have the Brezza's and the main difference between the two is my brake extensions are straight instead of curving up. Mine also had the same pads which killed my forearms. I bought a set of Ceegee's and they turned my Breeza'a from a torture device to a set of aerobars I love. You make like the stock pads but for me they had to go. If you do like them let me know and I can send you my old pads. :wink:
Last edited by Juanmoretime on Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
Juanmoretime
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Them are NICE! I would venture somewhere in the $200-250 range.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby mdeth1313 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 am

can't wait for all the other stuff to show up-- hey Jeff- let's just say my collection is going from Scott "squared" to Scott "cubed". It's all Juan's fault!
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby pritchet74 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 am

That's just trouble........
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Postby normanbaldwin38 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:06 am

i agree pritchet74...
normanbaldwin38
Cyclotourist

Postby mdeth1313 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 am

Juanmoretime wrote:I think the Aura's went for about $399 so I'm going to guess about $200? I have the Brezza's and the main difference between the two is my brake extensions are straight instead of curving up. Mine also had the same pads which killed my forearms. I bought a set of Ceegee's and they turned my Breeza'a from a torture device to a set of aerobars I love. You make like the stock pads but for me they had to go. If you do like them let me know and I can send you my old pads. :wink:

All is well w/ these bars- they are being put to good use! Got the matching 3t brake levers and the pads seem to work just fine for me!
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Return to General cycling