Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Experience of Time I-CLIC ² TITAN CARBON vs. Speedplay

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Experience of Time I-CLIC ² TITAN CARBON vs. Speedplay

Postby Tillquist » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello

I have the last 12-13 years run with Speedplay pedals, the X-Series and most recently the Zero series.
But now I think about whether I should try a new pedal.

Does anyone from experience with I-clic pedal, like a Comparison with Speeplay.

Tillquist
Cat 1

Re: Experience of Time I-CLIC ² TITAN CARBON vs. Speedplay

Postby mdeth1313 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I'd avoid the iclics. I used them about a year. The cleat engagment isn't always 100%-- you can end up "sort of" clipped in- not a big deal, but you have to unclip and re clip. I ended up switching over to the exustar 200ti pedals (which I've had since may 2011) and I'm much happier. They're lighter, engagment is much more positive, cleats are much cheaper (look keo compatible as well). Others have reported play in the bearings after as little as 1000 miles (I had this w/ the rxs pedals, but not the iclics).
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Postby sybarite » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 am

The iClic 2s have a reinforcement with the 2 metal plates that the iClic didnt have - supposed to address the wear area problem. The metal plates can come off after use. I still like the Times because of the lateral float, and also used to the way I 'aim' my foot.

They are now designing a new Espresso pedal that looks like the older Impacts, hopefully the materials engineers look at it before they release.
sybarite
Cat 3

Postby FAQinc » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 pm

The pre loaded engagement is cool but I also found that it missed some of the feedback especially in the snow as the metal bit on the cleat tends to atract snow like crazy my experience wasn't the most amazing with annoying creaking at one point.

I still prefer my Carbon DAs any day. If you don't mind the annual servicing I would stay with the Speedplays. Hope this helps
Flatulence for men the musk that lingers.
FAQinc
Cat 2

Return to General cycling