Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

You can say whatever you want about tufo tires...

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

You can say whatever you want about tufo tires...

Postby mdeth1313 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:03 pm

they ride like a garden hose wrapped around your wheel, rolling resistance sucks, you can't repair them- I agree. But I've been having a rash of tubular flats lately and I decided to put a tufo hi-comp carbon on the rear wheel of my hed h3 set. 6 miles to go on what turned out to be 55 miles and all of the sudden-- thud, thud, thud. I pull to the side and stop- the tire hasn't deflated- then I see it- the top of a nail sticking out of my tire. I had to use pliers to pull it out- yes it went into the rim, but, luckily for me, it wasn't long enough to exit somewhere else. I didn't have sealant in there, the tire was just 4 days old- but I put some pitstop in and the tire- with holes on both sides, actually held enough air for me to ride home without bottoming out. I just ordered another one- I have 2 sets of clinchers arriving for the rest of my fall/winter/early spring outdoor riding on tuesday (thank god).

Now I have to repair the rim, which isn't really a big deal.
Words are like bullets, I let them pass through me.
mdeth1313
Cat 1

Re: You can say whatever you want about tufo tires...

Postby CBRE » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:46 am

They do kick ass don't they.
CBRE
Cyclotourist

Re: You can say whatever you want about tufo tires...

Postby pritchet74 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:17 pm

I would have rather walked the 6 miles home that ride that tire. :wink:

How is the wheel though? Do you think that you will have to get the carbon repaired?
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
pritchet74
Aerodymatic Man

Return to General cycling