Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Reviews to come soon

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Reviews to come soon

Postby stumpytrunks » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:17 am

Wrong area, I know, but if anyone is interested I'll try and get some reviews up shortly for the following products:

Specialized BG S-works road shoe - kick the bonts out of the water
Showers pass elite 2.0 jacket - does what it is meant to but lack of fold-ability is a minus
cobra9 orthotics - limited to the aussies, but something that everyone without 'normal' feet should use
castelli nano flex leg warmers + knicks - shaped for people with giraffe legs, poor zippers but sensational in wet
Boyd bikes 88mm tubulars - great budget alternative
planet-x track frame - solid and cheap but initial thought is that it's a bit light in the front
bell volt helmet - a little low at the front but has got rid of the folding strap issues that came with the sweep
Pain hurts
stumpytrunks
The Tassie Devil

Re: Reviews to come soon

Postby dalai » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 am

stumpytrunks wrote:Wrong area, I know, but if anyone is interested I'll try and get some reviews up shortly for the following products:

castelli nano flex leg warmers + knicks - shaped for people with giraffe legs, poor zippers but sensational in wet
Boyd bikes 88mm tubulars - great budget alternative
planet-x track frame - solid and cheap but initial thought is that it's a bit light in the front

Interested in the above

I have the Castelli nano flex bib longs which I bought here new off a member and have found then quite good through last winter. And this included using them training in them above the snowline riding repeats up Mt Donna Buang. Definitely agree with the giraffe leg comment, fortunately I have these. :wink: So far they are wearing well.

Very interested in the Boyd Bike wheels. Are these on the UCI Approved list or are they on the track bike?

As for the track bike - I just ordered Planet X track frameset yesterday. I've been looking at these a while and saw they had a special on the red painted version so pulled the trigger. Only 249 GBP's for the frame in medium - all up delivered to Australia for the frame, forks, headset and carbon steerer bung - AU $715! :shock: I have wheels and will swap the track SRM between the 2008 Fuji Track Pro I currently ride and this one. So only still need to buy a saddle, bars and stem...
dalai
Cat 1

Return to General cycling