Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Nokon modification

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Nokon modification

Postby jsinclair » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Can anybody tell me if the metal coil sections of the nokon cable outers can be trimmed to shorter lengths? Is this something that can be done easily or is it a hassle?

They are the bendy sections that are hidden under the bar tape. I have found that they are around 2-3 inches too long. Its not a huge issue, but they extend out from under the tape and it would be nice if they could be trimmed shorter so as not to be seen.

Thanks in advance.
jsinclair
Cat 5

Re: Nokon modification

Postby Boonen » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 pm

They can be cut to length. You can take off the ferrule and put in on again when you adjusted the length. I've used a cutting wheel on mine, pretty straightforward.
Boonen
Faster than Superman

Re: Nokon modification

Postby jsinclair » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Wow that was fast.

Thanks heaps, they were getting on my nerves.
jsinclair
Cat 5

Return to General cycling