Site Announcements

OUR NEW FORUM/BLOG IS NOW ONLINE IN BETA VERSION, WITH A SCHEDULED PUBLIC RELEASE NEXT WEEK. ANYONE WITH A USER ID FROM THE CURRENT FORUM HAS ALREADY HAD THEIR USERNAME IMPORTED TO THE NEW FORUM THOUGH PASSWORDS WERE NOT IMPORTED SO YOU'LL NEED TO USE PASSWORD RECOVERY TO GET A NEW PASSWORD. WHILE THE NEW FORUM IS NOT YET COMPLETE WITH ALL OF IT'S FEATURES IT IS FUNCTIONAL AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

fairwheelbikes.com/c/topics

Trek Madone SL 2007 Clearcoat

Discussion on bikes, and whatever...

Trek Madone SL 2007 Clearcoat

Postby Sonta » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Got the frame from Ebay. I didn´t pay more than what would be like 2400$ for the whole bike, but there is a lot of work in this too. Frame was a Trek Madone 5.5 SL in grey.
I got my hands on some brand new Dura Ace 7800 levers, which I think are the ones that looks best on this bike, I got the rest of the 7800 group set from another bike.

Dirty! After the weekends race. A bit of rain in the start. But take it easy. It´s very clean now. :P

Frame: Trek Madone SL 110 OCLV carbon size 58 Clear coat and new Trek stickers
Fork: Bontrager Race XXX Lite Clear coat
Headset: Cane Creek.
Bar: Pro PLT 400 mm Custom black
Stem Pro Vibe 7S Custom black 120 mm -10°
Seatpost: New Ultimate 27,2 350 mm Clear coat without decals
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR titanium without skin
Gearlevers: Dura Ace 7800 with 7900 titanium band
Cables: Jagwire black with teflon innercables
Crankset: Dura Ace 7800 172.5 mm 52-39 Custom black, with silver Dura Ace stickers
Brakes: Dura Ace 7800 with Titanium centerbolt, and Swiss stop Yellow King brakepads
Chain: KMC X10 SL silver
Cassette: Dura Ace 7800 reduced to 7 speed, due to gear rules in the danish U19 class(Highest gear 52-14)
Rear derailleur: Dura Ace 7800 with Tacx pulley wheels
Front derailleur: Ultegra 6600 Custom black
Pedals: Look Keo 2 max carbon
Bottlecage: Tacx Tao
Wheels: Shimano WH7800 carbon (Weird cassette body, explains the 7 speed cassette)
Tires: Veloflex Carbon
Quickreleases: FRM Custom Black

Weight: 7020 grams
Upgrades:
Hopefully an Edge 1.0 fork, and an Selle italia SLR carbonio Flow saddle, but I don´t have anything that looks like money at this time.

Envecontest Help me getting a pair of Enve Smart 3.4 wheels
Well, I´ve just signed up for Enve´s contest, where I can win a pair of Enve wheels(Any choice). The winners are chosen by most "likes" on Facebook. I had to write my story(reason why I should have a pair of Enve´s) and take a picture. Then it will get uploaded on Facebook, and the 24 hours after the stuff gets uploaded I need as many "likes" as possible on my specific story, or Entry. And also as many "likes" as possible to the Enve Composites fanpage. (Yes they count that too).
I think that you should read my story before you deside if you wan´t to help me.
You can also see this topic a little as my introduction. ;) Well here it goes:

"Hi, I come from Denmark. I´m studying at the Danish answer to a High school, and I´m also cycling. Takes almost all my time. I have competed in cycling since I was 12. I´m currently cycling in the U19/Juniors class. Denmark is number 2 on the world junior ranking, so I´m riding against some of the worlds best junior riders. I started this season on a juniorteam. I didn´t make any good results, but I helped my teammates as much as possible. A little more than a month after the season started, my sports director called me and told me that the management didn´t want me on the team, because I wasn´t good enough. They had a proposal, that I could ride for their amateur cycling club until I was good enough, but didn´t like that because in my opinion I helped the team in the first place. I was pretty irritated. So I left them, and went back to my old cycling club, that I´ve been a part of since I started cycling, and until I went over to the Junior team.
Then I didn´t have any bike, but my dad loaned me his Canyon carbon bike. In my first race I placed 6th. It was District championship. One weekend later I placed 3rd, in a race, only beaten by the winner of Course de la Paix(Worldest hardest Junior stagerace), and one of my old teammates. One day after my dads bike fell of the roof of the car and got destroyed. I had to pay for the carbonframe repair, and I was trying to build myself another bike at the same time. Since my own bike is finished, I didn´t have any kind of job, because I´ ve also studied, and trained at the same time, so I´m pretty broke. The only way to get cash is by selling old equipment. On the new bike I managed to get a 5th place in possible the most hilly race in the country.
My bike weighs 7020 grams, I´m saving as many money as possible to get an Enve 1.0 fork, but it´s gonna take a while. Another thing is the wheels. They are carbon tubulars yes. It´s some old Dura ace, that weighs about 1350 grams. bit heavy low profile. Not good on the danish roads. Together with the Enve fork, a pair of the new Enve Smart 3.4 wheels, will bring the bike down to the UCI limit 6.8 kilograms, and make it much more aero too. A perfect setup for me. That could help me the last way to get selected for the national team for the World championships in Denmark in September this year, and off course make a dream come trough.
P.S This bike is a budget build all the way, I´ve made all the custom paint/clear coat myself.
Thanks for your support.
Niels Munk Asmussen."

Well I hope that you will help. If you wan´t to help me the best possible way, then you wait to 13. July, and first that day you become a fan of Enve Composites, and then "likes" my entry. The picture I´ve sent to Enve looks like this.

Again I would appreciate your help very much. Thanks
And to the Admins and Moderators. I hope this is okay and not too much against the rules. :D

P.S. The exact same post will be on Weightweenies too under my name there which is munk93.
Sonta
Cat 5

Return to General cycling